• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LOL Angeles

3 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Why does every building have to have parking? If you need a parking space don't live there.

Part of the issue here is overbuilding and increasing population density. More people means more use of water and power, and then the idiots in Sacramento tell us we have to cut back on how much water and power we use. 

4 hours ago, Tank said:

Part of the issue here is overbuilding and increasing population density. More people means more use of water and power, and then the idiots in Sacramento tell us we have to cut back on how much water and power we use. 

Building an apartment complex with no parking means adding housing at lower cost while decreasing traffic locally. The idiots in Sacramento will continue to be the idiots in Sacramento no matter what we do and where we build.

12 hours ago, Jason said:

The ultimate goal is to force residents to use public transportation (climate change reasons). This will help in their efforts 

Shit in one hand, and wish in the other.

I know plenty that won't take public transportation anymore, including myself, because well, the homeless are all sleeping on the trains.

8 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I know plenty that won't take public transportation anymore, including myself, because well, the homeless are all sleeping on the trains.

That will not stop them from trying though. 

18 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Metro is the worst. Zero enforcement against riding the trains all day for free. 

54 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Building an apartment complex with no parking means adding housing at lower cost while decreasing traffic locally. 

That’s been the theory in Glendale and it’s ended up being an absolute failure. This city is more crowded than ever, with no sign of relief anywhere in sight.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

They are clueless as to why ridership is down. You have to make the option appealing, and unfortunately covid hasn't helped. I live walking distance from a train station but I'd still rather brave traffic on the 5 than catch a train to Anaheim.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

That’s been the theory in Glendale and it’s ended up being an absolute failure. This city is more crowded than ever, with no sign of relief anywhere in sight.

I'm not sure I've seen any new buildings without parking here. Southern California has a structural problem though, and no single city can address it. The number of people here is half the problem, and pushing people further out into the suburbs only makes traffic worse. The density of Glendale allows me to walk everywhere I need and live rather cheaply. The only time I get into my car is when I go visit my parents in Anaheim.

On 12/5/2021 at 7:27 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Building an apartment complex with no parking means adding housing at lower cost while decreasing traffic locally. The idiots in Sacramento will continue to be the idiots in Sacramento no matter what we do and where we build.

On 12/5/2021 at 9:57 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'm not sure I've seen any new buildings without parking here. Southern California has a structural problem though, and no single city can address it. The number of people here is half the problem, and pushing people further out into the suburbs only makes traffic worse. The density of Glendale allows me to walk everywhere I need and live rather cheaply. The only time I get into my car is when I go visit my parents in Anaheim.

You just proved why this is a stupid policy.  You said you walk everywhere but you have a car.  I'm sure at least half, if not close to 100% of those residents of the proposed apartment complex with no parking will have a car.  Even if they take mass transit.  That means those cars will be parked in the streets.  And in this case, those cars will be parked in the streets close to 100% of the time.  Since they are taking mass transit to go places, leaving their car.  

This is the same problem in Koreatown.  Lot's of old apartment buildings that don't have parking.  Parking in those areas is impossible to find.  I had a friend that lived in that area, and they eventually moved because they were tired of parking 2-3-4 blocks away.  Traffic also gets jammed for no reason in those areas because people are just circling around trying to find parking.  And they will sit, and block traffic for 10 minutes if they think a spot will open.  

Thieves also love breaking into cars in that area also.  Because why not if the owner can't hear that their car is being broken into.  By the time anyone gives a fuck, they will be long gone.

9 hours ago, gotbeer said:

You just proved why this is a stupid policy.  You said you walk everywhere but you have a car.  I'm sure at least half, if not close to 100% of those residents of the proposed apartment complex with no parking will have a car.  Even if they take mass transit.  That means those cars will be parked in the streets.  And in this case, those cars will be parked in the streets close to 100% of the time.  Since they are taking mass transit to go places, leaving their car.  

This is the same problem in Koreatown.  Lot's of old apartment buildings that don't have parking.  Parking in those areas is impossible to find.  I had a friend that lived in that area, and they eventually moved because they were tired of parking 2-3-4 blocks away.  Traffic also gets jammed for no reason in those areas because people are just circling around trying to find parking.  And they will sit, and block traffic for 10 minutes if they think a spot will open.  

Thieves also love breaking into cars in that area also.  Because why not if the owner can't hear that their car is being broken into.  By the time anyone gives a fuck, they will be long gone.

I park my car in a parking garage. I wouldn’t live here if I had to park 3 blocks away, dealing with parking tickets and break-ins. 

You need to start thinking about this from a supply/demand perspective or think of housing as a product. Everything has trade offs. Housing without parking, next to ample public transit will attract those willing to live without a car, while pushing people like yourself away.

Neighborhoods don’t need to accommodate the desires of everyone. It’s the same with gentrification, neighborhoods don’t need to remain shitholes so that the poor can continue to live in them. A parking space is not a human right.

These arguments are simple reminders how blessed I am to be white. Parking isn’t a problem in my neighborhood. The struggles in our neighborhood is where to park the rvs and boats to accommodate the HOA. The closest public transportation is 15 miles away so crime isn’t a problem either. 

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I park my car in a parking garage. I wouldn’t live here if I had to park 3 blocks away, dealing with parking tickets and break-ins. 

You need to start thinking about this from a supply/demand perspective or think of housing as a product. Everything has trade offs. Housing without parking, next to ample public transit will attract those willing to live without a car, while pushing people like yourself away.

Neighborhoods don’t need to accommodate the desires of everyone. It’s the same with gentrification, neighborhoods don’t need to remain shitholes so that the poor can continue to live in them. A parking space is not a human right.

This is about money. Building an apartment complex without parking costs a fraction so they are making their money off of costs cut and three months after these places are bought out by investors the resale will skyrocket to mimic the neighborhood and they will no longer be rated as affordable properties. It is a scam, not some esoteric solution to traffic. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

The union is trying to force Gascon to rescind his no bail orders. There was no reason to make criminal activity a free for all. 

I don't think it's the Union trying to force Gascon.  Gascon is a chicken shit and will hide until recall and won't change his ways.

What I think this is, is the Union telling the City of LA they better not do what they did to the firemen and put on leave hundreds or even thousands of police due to the vaccine mandate.