• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LOL Angeles

18 hours ago, Redondo said:
Teacher puts up profane, anti-American posters in class at taxpayer’s expense

Teacher puts up profane, anti-American posters in class at taxpayer’s expense

A Los Angeles parent is sounding the alarm over posters displayed inside a high school classroom that say, "F*** Amerikkka," and claim that law enforcement's primary purpose is to "militarily enforce White supremacist capitalism."

A parent at Alexander Hamilton High School slamming the "disgusting brainwashing of students with taxpayer dollars" shared photos with Parents Defending Education, a national nonprofit, that were taken inside his child's classroom. 

The first photo shows a Palestinian flag, a transgender flag, a Black Lives Matter flag and a Pride flag prominently displayed on the blackboard. Another photo shows two posters that read, "F*** Amerikkka. This is Native land" and F*** the Police."

"Policing is a violent, anti-Black, settler institution that originated as slave patrols," the latter poster reads. "Their primary mandate is to protect property and to militarily enforce White supremacist capitalism. They are doing their jobs as they are trained and paid to do. You can’t fix what isn’t broken. That’s why we fight for police and prison abolition. F*** the Police."

My 11th grade history teacher had a sign above his desk that read "Boycott Jane Fonda, American Trader Bitch". It stayed up all year 

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

East Philadelphia, born and raised
At the salad bar is where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool
Singing in the choir outside of school

When a couple of guys, who were up to no good

Sarting mixing red meat with super food

I had one little bite and my mom went pale

And said, "You're moving in with your uncle and auntie in Glendale"

• 3 weeks later...

LA to close another public park as homeless encampments, gang violence force out residents in major cities

Los Angeles is shutting down another public park for so-called "rehabilitation" efforts, signaling a growing problem in major metropolitan areas across the country. 

As homeless encampments have littered public spaces with drug paraphernalia and human waste, public safety concerns have forced out extracurricular activities once enjoyed by residents seeking green refuge in inner cities. 

It’s unclear whether the latest plight to clean up Los Angeles’ MacArthur Park will be met with similar controversies seen across the city in the last months. Hundreds of protesters blocked city crews trying to clear a homeless encampment in Echo Park in March and dozens were arrested.  

And ironically on the other side of the spectrum, a "safe camping" program meant to protect tents from being removed in Venice Beach drew outcry from residents and vendors alike, as some called for the recall of L.A. City Councilman Mike Bonin over the initiative. 

• 2 weeks later...

Federal Corruption Charges Announced Against Councilman Mark Ridley-Thomas And Former USC Dean Marilyn Flynn

This is actually pretty big for LA.  We are talking about someone that was in the city council from 1991-2002, and from 2020 on.  California State Assembly from 2002-2006.  California State Senate from 2006-2008.  And a LA County Supervisor from 2008-2020.  

On 10/13/2021 at 10:08 PM, gotbeer said:

Federal Corruption Charges Announced Against Councilman Mark Ridley-Thomas And Former USC Dean Marilyn Flynn

This is actually pretty big for LA.  We are talking about someone that was in the city council from 1991-2002, and from 2020 on.  California State Assembly from 2002-2006.  California State Senate from 2006-2008.  And a LA County Supervisor from 2008-2020.  

Yeah, this isn’t good. Some think this is why he decided not to run for mayor of LA.

He visited our school once. Almost enrolled his grandson.

Edited by Tank

20 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Color me shocked! SHOCKED I say!