• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

105 mph to the Head

Chuck

GettyImages-599225614b-340x192.jpg

MATT SHOEMAKER / CONTRIBUTOR

105 mph to the Head

When the baseball smacked into the side of my head, it was traveling 105 miles per hour. Yet somehow I didn’t hear a sound.

I never lost consciousness, so I remember everything about that moment.

I can even remember the breath I took before I threw the pitch — just that long, exaggerated inhale through the nose as I focused on hitting my spot, my lungs filling up with air.

Then, after a brief pause, I did what I had done thousands and thousands of times before — I wound up, lifted my left leg to my chest and threw the baseball toward the plate.

It was the second inning. One out. We were in Seattle, last September, playing the Mariners. I was looking to go with a heater inside, but after I released the ball it tailed back over the plate.

And Kyle Seager just flat-out barreled it.

Read Matt's full story here

25 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

Nice write up by Matt and just makes you want to root for him even more. Nice job Albert calling the Mrs ASAP.

I don't want to derail the conversation here, but from what I know in the public eye and from Tim Mead, Albert's a wonderful human being. 

It's too bad that those hung up on his contract/$$ or those who were refused an autograph and are all butthurt will just continue hating the guy. 

OK, back to Shoemaker. 

I hope he has a solid outing tonight and incredible season ahead. Great guy! 

10 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Interesting read, it is hard not to root for Shoe this year.

Sorry Chuck, but Pujols doesn't get a pass because he's a nice guy. His contract sucks.

He's been productive when healthy and he's a nice guy. I see no reason to blast him on here daily. You're missing the point.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

He's been productive when healthy and he's a nice guy. I see no reason to blast him on here daily. You're missing the point.

I agree that it is silly to hate on him in a daily manner, but that's whether or not he's a nice guy. So if that is your point, I get it and agree. But you seemed to imply that because he's a nice guy, it is silly to be butthurt about his contract, or that he should get a free pass because he's nice.

Nope but he does everything he can to earn that money, which includes surgery and PT every season he has been with the Angels. Every season and yet he doesn't give up like Hamilton did. You want to hate on a guy that is wasting salary, you've targeted the wrong guy.