• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Another cool Mike Trout story

Glen

As most of you know I work on an Air Force base, so obviously I work with a bunch of military people and there are a lot of transfers in and out.  The other night I was talking with a guy who has been in our compound for about nine months.  He noticed my Angels lanyard, next to my big-ass Angels jar and started talking to me about baseball.  Turns out he's from the Houston and loves baseball, and grew up an Astros fan.  He said he'd given up on them after they moved to the AL.  Now he kinda roots for the Dodgers.

He took his two young daughters (about six and eight years old) to an Astros/Angels game last year at the Big A.  They got there early and got to see batting practice and were right down on the field level.  His daughters waved at Mike Trout as he was heading in, and Mike saw them.  He jogged over to say hello to them, and they each gave him a baseball.  He signed it and chatted with them for about 30 seconds.  He told me "When we left the game they were all decked out in red and now they're huge Mike Trout and Angels fans."

Dude is still a Dodgers fan though.  Knucklehead.

While working crowd control in the on field seat section (3B side) MT shows up to sign stuff (does this most all home games). As he passed by me and had to ask him, "You gotta know what this means to the kids." He replied (without looking up), " Yeah I do and it's cool to do it."

7 hours ago, arch stanton said:

If he were a Marine they'd have sent him out to find some K9-P and he'd still be searching

Or relative bearing grease, or rotor wash, or a yard of flight line, or the keys to the APU. Of course, all of this would be documented on the ID-10T form.

11 hours ago, gklingel52 said:

While working crowd control in the on field seat section (3B side) MT shows up to sign stuff (does this most all home games). As he passed by me and had to ask him, "You gotta know what this means to the kids." He replied (without looking up), " Yeah I do and it's cool to do it."

Way to go, @mtangelsfan. Not sure why kids wanted his autograph, though.