• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vacation complaints

These are actual complaints received by Thomas Cook Vacations from customers who booked travel with them. These people walk the streets without supervision, and they are out on the roads with us.

1. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food."

2. "They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."

3. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."

4. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our own swimsuits and towels. We assumed it would be included in the price."

5. "The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room."

6. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white but it was more yellow."

7. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallarta to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time -- this should be banned."

8. "No-one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared."

9. "Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers."

10. "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local convenience store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."

11. "The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun."

12. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."

13. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends' three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller."

14. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the resort.' We're trainee hairdressers and we think they knew and made us wait longer for service."

15. "When we were in Spain, there were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners."

16. "We had to line up outside to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning."

17. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."

18. "I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes."

19. "My fiancée and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."

1 hour ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

I dont travel internationally enough to know, but are most Americans as rude and clueless as they are portrayed?

There are many teenagers having their first real drinking binge nights out (they are underage still in the US) who make quite a commotion.  The quiet ones dont make a ruckus, but they are otherwise identified by their (larger) shape, and because heavy set people are not considered as aesthetically pleasing in other countries, its added to the collective notoriety that create for ourselves.  In a country of thin people, its not a political sin to from upon obesity.

Despite all that, most of us don't visit the Bakersfield-type cities of other countries and get to see how many parallels there actually are.  The big difference is that they cant afford to travel, or simply choose to go other places.  

I live with, work with, and play poker with a lot of Europeans, mostly Brits. They have their share of fatasses as well. Everyone working over here makes pretty good money and does a lot of traveling. The locals here all think the Brits are much more abrasive than Americans and they tend to be much more aggressive drivers. They also prefer to stick to beach resorts with a solid club scene when the holiday.

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

Many people in forgeign countries I've talked to about Americans actually say we're the friendliest travelers they meet, that we always want to strike up a conversation and are very polite.  And for some cultures that seems odd.

When we stayed with some friends in Wales, we heard that comment several times from the Welsh people that we met. They are very friendly as well (we found them much more social overall than the rank-and-file English). Many of them have traveled extensively throughout Europe, so they have a basis of comparison.

Traveling and dealing with travelers is what I did for many years. The "Ugly American" used to be the norm, and still is in some places..it depends on where you go. But say what you will about the younger generation (whatever the moniker is for people between 25 and maybe 40 these days) but they are some of the most patient, friendly, courteous, outgoing travelers I've come across.

The days of rude obnoxious traveling assholes is passing into history as the new breed of people who travel as an accepted fact of life take over. The world is a much smaller place than it was even 20 years ago.

I'd say Asians (who group together and ignore everyone else, and have no interest in actually exploring other cultures) are the worst travelers these days, although they do tend to be polite for the most part.

Chinese and Japanese live where it's REALLY crowded so getting in someone's way or jockeying for a position in lines, or crowding a sidewalk.. is just part of what they do everyday...I tend to give them a break..and since they never venture very far from the car or tour bus they are easy to avoid.

Germans and Aussies are the best...Americans fall somewhere in between

On 3/5/2017 at 9:24 PM, arch stanton said:

I live with, work with, and play poker with a lot of Europeans, mostly Brits. They have their share of fatasses as well. Everyone working over here makes pretty good money and does a lot of traveling. The locals here all think the Brits are much more abrasive than Americans and they tend to be much more aggressive drivers. They also prefer to stick to beach resorts with a solid club scene when the holiday.

Language, obviously 

15 minutes ago, calscuf said:

My response:

American cruise shippers are still shit travelers.  And party Americans going to Mexico.

But even older Americans are generally considered friendly abroad everywhere else.

Asians can be bad travelers, many are fine.  I've met Asian backpackers who didn't fit the stereotype.  Russians are the worst.  Aussies can be just as bad as our Cancun Speing Break in Mexico crowd.  Aussies are good folk but they do have their trash, jersey shore dipshits (called "Bogans") that have no respect abroad and just wanna fuck and get wasted.

Agree on the cruise shippers..I guess I don't really consider them "travelers" Many don't even bother getting off the ship, yet they go home and tell people how "beautiful" these places are, and that they "just have to go".

Lots of Australian men can be real assholes, which is great for us guys that aren't (Australian or assholes) because they are some of the hottest, most direct, and down to earth ladies anywhere..