• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Since I don't live in California, is the "fire scioscia" out in full force in SoCal?

I also meant cheap in terms of cost of players in return. Another Frieri type would do wonders for this club.

Ah, true enough. We're pretty thin on trade chips right now. It probalby would've been better to trade Segura for a package of pitching prospects under club control instead of Greinke.

As it is Bourjos is probalby the only good player we could afford to deal (and that assumes Hamilton does his job and Calhoun gets healthy). Re-signing Torii and dealing an outfielder for pitching might have made some sense though.

The patchwork moves with the rotation are among the most head scratching.  The off-season moves weren't really even sideways moves.  They were just sort of 'whatever' moves.  I expected more from Dipoto for how studious he seems to be, and i keep thinking he knows more than me and there's a longer vision here beyond my scope. 

I can't make sense of getting rid of Haren, who is basically CJ Wilson.  Both enigmas.  I don't understand Greinke not being pursued more, despite the cost.  He was probably less of a risk than Hamiltoe, all things considered.  Suddenly we have the Mariners front office, circa 2009.

What's remarkable is that the team showed its colors in Spring Training and nothing was done, short of signing some journeyman minor leaguers.  Throw in the abuse of the Disabled List and well, surprise surprise, the Angels suck. 

And we're gonna fire Scioscia?

I think there is a lot of blame to go around to everyone at this point. Pretty much everyone has under performed and nothing as worked out like we'd hope. Can we name a member of the organization that we are not disappointed with in anyway right now? 

There is no way to single anyone out, they have all screwed up.

Vargas and Hanson don't seem that bad to me. Sure they've had a couple of rough starts, but for the most part, they seem solid. Blanton sucked until last night. If he can pitch like he did last night going forward then I think the Halos will start winning more games.

I do agree that they should have, at least, kept Haren. Grienke was going wherever the biggest money was and Santana just just over being part of the organization.

This was the issue I had with DiPoto's handling of the pitching staff. It wasn't that I thought there were better players out there so much as it was obvious that the staff wasn't going to be any good and it was going to lack depth. He should've kept at least one of Santana / Haren, despite their cost just so that we would have another arm. Picking arms off the scrap heap as we have done time and time again this year has proven to not work.