• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Since I don't live in California, is the "fire scioscia" out in full force in SoCal?

No one is blameless, of course.  But the narrow-minded focus that replacing Scioscia would somehow miraculously cure the rest of the ills of this team is both ignorant and short-sighted.

This team is, top to bottom, horrendous.  The manager, whomever he is, can only do so much.  I just find it ironic that those that are so hell bent to blame Scioscia on every ill of this team don't ever want to give him credit for the teams successes.  In their minds, if the Angels lose, it's because of Scioscia, if the Angels win, it's despite Scioscia.

Try a little objectivism, please.

I don't think anyone is saying replacing Scioscia will suddenly cure this team.  There is no instant cure for the myriad of issues that plague this team.  This team came out of ST not ready to compete (before all the injuries hit) and still isn't playing well.  Scioscia has not demonstrated the ability to alleviate or eliminate any of the issues.  Debate all day about how Scioscia isn't responsible for hitting and pitching, but he IS responsible for team performance and that grade is approaching an F. 

Bring a manager in that will (a) put Hamilton on the bench until he can hit LHP, (B) put Trout on a diet before he kills himself in the outfield, and © put some spark in this lethargic group of players before its too late for this year. 

Vargas and Hanson don't seem that bad to me. Sure they've had a couple of rough starts, but for the most part, they seem solid. Blanton sucked until last night. If he can pitch like he did last night going forward then I think the Halos will start winning more games.

I do agree that they should have, at least, kept Haren. Grienke was going wherever the biggest money was and Santana just just over being part of the organization.

It would great fun to see the world's greatest manager try to win with this pitching staff.

And yes, we once had Weaver, Wilson, Greinke, Santana and Haren.  And they let 3 of the 5 walk.

We had them on the roster for less than three months but not necessarily pitching together. Santana left his brain in Tempe during spring training, Haren left his back and fastball at the All Star game and Wilson was pitching 5 innings a game, now and then between cortisone shots.

During the second half of last season the Angels had one of the best records in the AL.

Scioscia isn't going to be fired. If he is would Scioscia get paid by the Angels through 2018 + by the next organization that hires him? Or, if he was fired, would the Angels only have to pay him the difference between his Angels contract - new contract annual salary, if he was paid less by another organization?

Moreno is the problem. Can't fire the owner.

I don't think he'll get fired during the season because there's just no one available on the market or on an interim basis, but I'd put at at 50/50 'after' the season if we fail to make the playoffs again.  Eating money wasn't an issue with GMJ or Wells, so I doubt it would be a problem if they can find someone they like better in the off-season.

Vargas and Hanson don't seem that bad to me. Sure they've had a couple of rough starts, but for the most part, they seem solid. Blanton sucked until last night. If he can pitch like he did last night going forward then I think the Halos will start winning more games.

I do agree that they should have, at least, kept Haren. Grienke was going wherever the biggest money was and Santana just just over being part of the organization.

Haren has an ERA over 5.

Yes, but you managed to pick the two things that Scioscia is responsible for and even those are debatable.  The runners are making mental mistakes on the basepaths on a spur of the moment basis on their own as well as the coaches sending runners a base too far.  The coaching staff errors are directly attributable to Scioscia, but the players have to take credit for their play as well as the front office needs to take credit for the tools they gave to Scioscia to work with.

No one is blameless, of course.  But the narrow-minded focus that replacing Scioscia would somehow miraculously cure the rest of the ills of this team is both ignorant and short-sighted.

This team is, top to bottom, horrendous.  The manager, whomever he is, can only do so much.  I just find it ironic that those that are so hell bent to blame Scioscia on every ill of this team don't ever want to give him credit for the teams successes.  In their minds, if the Angels lose, it's because of Scioscia, if the Angels win, it's despite Scioscia.

Try a little objectivism, please.

There's other things, little things that Scioscia doesn't do.  Like what's with Trumbo dropping pop  ups over and over again?  Did Scioscia go over how to properly catch a pop up with him?  Why does he keep dropping those?  And Kendrick in the Oakland series made a key error in a 1 run game by backhanding a ball, he did the SAME thing yesterday.  Is anyone, (like a manager maybe), gonna scold him or instruct him how to get in front of a ball so he doesnt cost the team a win?  

Apart from the terrible defense, the baserunning has been atrocious since '04.  Even good baserunners like Pujols and Hamilton come here and do stupid shit, costing the team big innings and big outs.

Scioscia's bullpen usage has been key to at least 4 losses, I'm not gonna go over all of them, but my god it seems like he puts the opposing team in a better position to win with his bullpen management.  That 7-2 lead in the 8th inning against the a's was an example of how clueless he is when using his bullpen.  2 days later Cespedes comes up with 2 outs in the 9th and gets a 2-0 count against frieri, frieri throws one down the middle making the count 2-1.  I scream at the TV: DONT THROW THAT PITCH EVER AGAIN! JUST WALK HIM!   What does Scioscia do?  NOTHING, frieri throws the same exact pitch down the middle and cespedes swings and ties the game in the 9th with 2 outs.  UNBELIEVABLE!

Oh, and remember not intentionally walking Joey friggen Votto the first game of the year with the game on the line?  

People don't wanna blame Scioscia for anything, but he deserves a lot of blame for why this team is so horrendous.  He doesn't even MANAGE ANYTHING ANYMORE.  Not the baserunning, not the fielding, not the pitching..nothing.

Haha, a major league second baseman and first baseman need a manager to tell them to not drop pop ups and to get in front of ground balls. I am pretty sure, that they cover that in tee ball, I am assuming Howie and Trumbo both know what is suppose to be done. What an f'ing joke. There are things a manager has control over, things like the line up bullpen decisions, baserunning all of which you can say are questionable from time to time from Scioscia then there are things like physical performance of players, like errors or the Hamilton Effect that he has no control over once they get out on the field.

Oh and with this bullpen no decision is the right decision and to assume that Mike has cost us 4 games already with those decisions is idiotic at best based on the fact that none of them are reliable.

I think he'll be fired after the season. This team won't suddenly become good enough to take this division, not gonna happen. So as far as I'm concerned Sciosh is done.

Here's the concern for me though... I don't want to inherit an interim coach that it takes two years to realize isn't good enough. That's what we're looking at with our hitting coach, the dude made a little difference and suddenly he's the answer.

As far as I'm concerned, it needs to be blown up not because of only because of Sciosh and ideological differences with DiPoto, but because they need to rebuild the staff. We need a new hitting and pitching coach, IMO. So basically just blow the whole thing up and build the whole staff around a new guy like Stoneman did when he stacked Sciosh's staff in the beginning.

It would great fun to see the world's greatest manager try to win with this pitching staff.

And yes, we once had Weaver, Wilson, Greinke, Santana and Haren.  And they let 3 of the 5 walk.

And we didn't win with them either. 

I'm ready for a change but if we do it now it will mean the end of the season. This team has been awful early on this season but in seasons past they have been bad and turned it around. We need to hope for a turn around.

You do realize that the Angels would need to play near .620 baseball to get to 93 wins this year, right? 93=number of wins 2nd place had in the AL West last year. 

Anyone that thinks this team will play .620 baseball from here on out is damn near insane with this crock of shit. 

And not to mention, this team is not even near as good as last year's team that was able to turn it around and still miss the playoffs. 

I'm going to try to get in the ground floor of what I'm guessing we'll be a 10 page thread:

With how terribly this team is playing this season and how poorly constructed it is both for the present and the future, I don't think anyone on the baseball side of things is without blame.

That goes from the players, to the coaches, to the manager, to the GM and the front office, and all the way up to Arte

Either the team has lost interest with Scioscia voice being there for so long or they need a more intense manager to keep this team on it's toes.

Angels have a bunch of big money players that have accomplished a lot in their careers. I see Josh Hamilton strike out and he looks like it's no big deal and breaks a smile with a teammate later. Pujols seems to be a nice guy that keeps to himself. Trout is always smiling and looks like has fun playing the game. Trumbo is the only that shows emotion, but it can back fire on him.  Ayabar is a clown.  I don't see a David Erstad type player that plays with intensity all the time. Maybe Trout or Trumbo can take the lead one day hopefully.