• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vitamins and Herbal Supplements

On 2/3/2017 at 10:23 AM, Sully151 said:

I have been mixing liquid Turmeric into my tea, but recently heard that I need either pepper or some sort of fat to activate it. I tried doing a half teaspoon of coconut oil in the tea, but that was gross a ****. Any suggestions?

Black pepper is what they put in a lot of the turmeric supplements. It's supposed to help with absorption. I take vitamin C and omega-3 oil on daily basis. Prior to working out I'll take some amino acids (I prefer AminoX brand). I'll then have some whey protein after the workout. 

12 hours ago, cezero said:

i only took all that stuff when i was working out really hard for an hour a day in the marines.

still no clue if it really did anything, but creatine and bcaa's were all the rage. so was CLA. 

the only thing i've really held over is whey pre and post. i do 45-hour  three or four days a week now, and not nearly as intense as back when i was a kid. 

Holy shit,  not even Arnold did that during his Mr Universe days. 

• 2 weeks later...

before (i used to mix with my pre-workout) and during workout. it's kind of an upper because of the effects. you'll get a pump from the pre, but it's sustainable with the amminos. 

also, i drink the shit just standard sometimes. your body loves it. the place i buy it from, the dude says sometimes he adds a random scoop just to add another glass of water if he's over drinking it.

best hangover and before bed remedy since pedialyte.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2017 at 5:04 PM, NJHalo said:

Working with the Lyme Disease patients, I have come to use glutathione regularly. 

Many benefits, both mental and physical.

Thanks for mentioning this.  Google search results made me feel like a doctor and now Im ready to try it on myself.  How do you determine dosage?

Interesting compound

6 hours ago, notherhalo said:

Thanks for mentioning this.  Google search results made me feel like a doctor and now Im ready to try it on myself.  How do you determine dosage?

Interesting compound

The trouble with Glutathione is absorption. We give it to our Lyme Disease patients as an IV push, either thru a PICC line, or butterfly. This is the best way to go, as 100% of the drug enters the bloodstream. Our typical protocol is 2000mg three times weekly.

Since this is not an option for most of us, the next best thing is via transdermal patch. The slow absorption allows for more of it to do it's thing and enter the blood stream. Your local compounding pharmacy can make these for you, or you can buy them online. They are often advertised as "skin lightening patches". This allows them to be sold for an alternative approved usage. The patch is usually a 500mg dose, and is changed daily. It is not cheap via online sources, but it is worth checking local compounding pharmacies to check prices. It is available without prescription in most states.

I use the Lipisomal Glutathione (L-Glutathione) caps. The glutathione is encapsuled in a water/lipid capsule so that it tricks the digestive system into not breaking it down as fast. This will allow for great absorption. The usual daily dose is 500mg. You can buy this online, or at a good health food, GNC type store. There are also a few liquid versions of this that I have not tried, or heard anything about.

There is also the cheaper Glutathione (Reduced) tabs. They are significantly cheaper, but absorption sucks. I would take twice as much as you need to get the desired dose. If it comes in 500mg, take two in order to keep an acceptable dose. Even at that, I don't know if you are retaining enough.

Results are not immediate, so give it about two weeks. There are also a number of hidden benefits that you have to go on faith.

• 4 years later...
57 minutes ago, St1ck said:

I'm hoping for a twist ending.

agreed. something unexpected would be terrific, like involving poisonous snakes or having to jump off a dangerous cliff or a mysterious woman at the end of the bar.

i hope it doesn't lead to another story of a guy waking up in his hotel bathtub filled with ice and his kidneys are missing because of something slipped into his drink the night before.

• 5 months later...