• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Wall

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Take it up with Statista, who tabulated those stats.

Could it be that Republican governors and politicians are making the problem seem even worse than it is to score political points?

They are absolutely using and spinning it for their political advantage. The situation at the border is also terrible and illegal immigration needs to be dealt with. 

Edited by Jason

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

They are absolutely using and spinning it for their political advantage. The situation at the border is also terrible and illegal immigration needs to be dealt with. 

Have you explained this to anyone besides the 9 or so posters here in the Spin Forum?

9 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Have you explained this to anyone besides the 9 or so posters here in the Spin Forum?

Why should he? Most people already understand this is a total fucking catastrophe. 

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It would be fun to see how much it costs these state governments to send national guard and state police to go hang out at the border.  Would pretty good imo.  

There is nothing fun about this. It’s a humanitarian crisis brought on by leftist ideology. 

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

At the start of COVID, there was a huge dip in individuals trying to cross the US/Mexico border. After things settled a little later, it surged.

Let's try to remember that these are human beings who are escaping oppressive and corrupt governments, many of which are led by folks whom the U.S. has propped up as part of our foreign interventionist strategy.

During the Cold War, the U.S. government, via operatives from the CIA, assisted in accelerating regime changes in Latin American counties from progressive, democratic leaders to despots. The U.S. feared that if these countries became more democratic, they would gain power and pose an economic and political threat to the United States. Many of these leaders were falsely labeled as Communists and Soviet sympathizers. And then through everything from assassinations to propaganda campaigns to election tampering, the U.S. helped fascist dictators take the helm with the promise that they would play ball with the U.S. politically and economically.

The echoes of these illegal and unethical foreign activities are still in play. Trump referred to these countries as "shit hole countries." Guess what? That's because we did all we could to prevent economic and social development in these countries for fear that they could one day compete with us on the big stage.

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

No it’s not. 

You think that smuggling over 3 million people into a country without visas or citizenship isn’t a recipe for a humanitarian crisis? Go fuck yourself. 

What’s amusing about this situation is that it’s going to upend your lives more than mine. I could leave this predicament on a whim but you’ll be stuck here to reap the benefits of your cultural enlightenment. I seriously pray it doesn’t come to that. 

10 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

No you fuck you. 

Jesus, cry and seethe man.  Does it make you feel better to get mad at me or something?  Fucking idiot.  It’s not my fault that you have less than a child’s ability to process context and historical realties. 

these dipshits are playing political football with the problem rather then doing anything to actually solve it because that’s what they want to do.  *It serves them*.  All your dumb fuck MAGA superheroes and the massive liberal/centrist losers amongst the democrats currently in the White House.  Fucking figure it out man.  They’d rather all pretend to fight over this for you dumb hogs than do anything about it.  

It’s not “leftist” policies that has destabilized the southern hemisphere for the last 80 years.  It’s not “leftist” policies that looks the other way when undocumented people go work in for agribusiness and all sorts of other huge business interests.  You just want a boogeyman.  You want to be entertained.  You don’t give a fuck.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Jesus, cry and seethe man.  Does it make you feel better to get mad at me or something?  Fucking idiot.  It’s not my fault that you have less than a child’s ability to process context and historical realties. 

these dipshits are playing political football with the problem rather then doing anything to actually solve it because that’s what they want to do.  *It serves them*.  All your dumb fuck MAGA superheroes and the massive liberal/centrist losers amongst the democrats currently in the White House.  Fucking figure it out man.  They’d rather all pretend to fight over this for you dumb hogs than do anything about it.  

It’s not “leftist” policies that has destabilized the southern hemisphere for the last 80 years.  It’s not “leftist” policies that looks the other way when undocumented people go work in for agribusiness and all sorts of other huge business interests.  You just want a boogeyman.  You want to be entertained.  You don’t give a fuck.  

You’re absolutely wrong. This isn’t politics anymore. An invasion from Central and South America is crossing our border right now. You can blame yourself for the reason but it doesn’t mean shit.

This is the greatest country on earth at the present time. If you think it’s sustainable with no borders then I can’t hold a dialogue with you because you have no sustainable argument. 

Edited by Lhalo

3 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

You’re absolutely wrong. This isn’t politics anymore. An invasion from Central and South America is crossing our border right now. You can blame yourself for the reason but it doesn’t mean shit.

This is the greatest country on earth at the present time. If you think it’s sustainable with no borders then I can’t hold a dialogue with you because you have no sustainable argument. 

You are being willfully ignorant of real events that occurred in Latin America in the 20th century. 

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

What’s amusing about this situation is that it’s going to upend your lives more than mine. I could leave this predicament on a whim but you’ll be stuck here to reap the benefits of your cultural enlightenment. I seriously pray it doesn’t come to that. 

You should do that. Save yourself and your family! 

Also, if this is an "invasion" as you say, then Greg Abbott and Ron Desantis are traitors for providing transportation to foreign invaders and sending them to other states.

Article III, Section 3, Clause 1 of the US Constitution:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.

So are we being "invaded" or are the people doing this completely full of shit? 

Maybe if you Millenials and Gen Y would start producing children to fill an ever shrinking workforce, the powers that run this country wouldn't have to rely on South American baby makers.

Yes, you impotent incels have starved the labor force by crying about how expensive it is to have children when you can hardly afford a $7 dollar coffee based milkshake and Doordash every day. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Maybe if you Millenials and Gen Y would start producing children to fill an ever shrinking workforce, the powers that run this country wouldn't have to rely on South American baby makers.

Yes, you impotent incels have starved the labor force by crying about how expensive it is to have children when you can hardly afford a $7 dollar coffee based milkshake and Doordash every day. 

"We need more people in this country to work!"

immigrants cross the border to work

"REEEEEEEEEEEEE"

18 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

You should do that. Save yourself and your family! 

Also, if this is an "invasion" as you say, then Greg Abbott and Ron Desantis are traitors for providing transportation to foreign invaders and sending them to other states.

Article III, Section 3, Clause 1 of the US Constitution:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.

So are we being "invaded" or are the people doing this completely full of shit? 

Tim Pool has actually given credit to your transportation point. Maybe when this is all said and done we can visit that aspect of the problem. Until then I’ll just prepare for what is coming. 

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

What the fuck are you talking about.  I haven’t offered any comment about what should be done about the border.  Fuck if I know.  Nobody has any answer.  That’s the whole point.  The actual solution(s) to seriously start addressing this are simply not on the table - period. Also, it would take a generation to see any results. Republican, democrat.  It doesn’t matter.  It’s literally not possible to change the policies that need to be changed or fund the programs that need to be funded.  America has to stop being America, basically.  Certainly the way you understand American life.  Your life has to change, all of our lives have to change. You blood and soil right wingers refuse to even start thinking about what something like that would actually mean.  And yet, that’s the only solution to your ask that there be less of these people coming here.  You people and all of us, frankly, are addicted to massive consumerism.  But it’s you people in particular who absolutely refuse to think about the actual costs associated with that.  There are costs. Really, truly brutal costs.  And it’s these people you’re screeching about “invading” they’re the ones who actually pay.  So they are coming here to try and get a piece.  And if dumb luck had you born somewhere else, you’d probably be doing what they’re doing.  

Anyway, as small bandaid measures,  i guess they could start with really seriously cracking down on employing the undocumented immigrants (they absolutely will not). They can “shut down” the border as Brandon is presently offering.  It’s not a real answer but you could do it in the short term to try and stabilize an obviously bad situation right now.  Happy? 

Edited by UndertheHalo