• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Samsung Galaxy S8

gotbeer

694940094001_5377987084001_Can-Samsung-m

Meet the Galaxy S8's most underrated feature

Thanks to the Snapdragon 835 processor inside the S8, you'll be able to tap into Gigabit LTE speeds that are starting to be offering by U.S. carriers. According to CNET, we're talking about data rates as high as 300 megabits per second, or 18 times better than the latest OpenSignal results.

A precursor to 5G, CNET also says Gigabit LTE will enable such services as live 360-degree video streaming for virtual reality and provide a smoother Google Instant Apps exerpience, which lets you try a given app in real time before you decide to download it.

T-Mobile should be first out of the gate with Gigabit LTE. In a recent press release, T-Mobile CEO John Legere claimed that "anyone upgrading to the Galaxy S8 can see up to double their current LTE speeds in nearly 300 cities nationwide!"

As an example of what you can do with that kind of throughput, T-Mobile says that you could download a 2-hour movie in just 15 seconds.

14 minutes ago, Taylor said:

My S8 shipped today and is arriving in the mail on Wednesday, two days before the street date. Super stoked.

Oh damn, I should have had it delivered instead of store pickup. 

Let me know what you think. I'm getting mine on Friday at the store. 

8 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Oh damn, I should have had it delivered instead of store pickup. 

Let me know what you think. I'm getting mine on Friday at the store. 

Will do. I'm really surprised Verizon is shipping them out early.

35 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Awesome, would love to hear what you have to say about the S8 as well, @Aaronkv

It's actually the Fiance's, I'm still an iPhone guy. But I have always liked her phone, she has the s6 right now. Since she has a purse she got the s8 Plus. It's a sexy looking phone though, I'll be very Jealous of it. I have the tiny iPhone SE, before that it was the 4s, so I'm way behind with the fancy stuff.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

The S8 is sweet. Sleek and fast. Excellent battery life. The phone also comes with a $99 pair of in-ear Samsung headphones. I registered for my free Gear VR this morning.

That's awesome, @Taylor. What carrier are you on? Is the earphones included on all carriers for the S8 or?

I'm getting mine through Best Buy and the Gear VR and Controller come with, but I thought the bluetooth earphones for $99 was a separate package that came also with a 256 GB sd card. 

26 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

That's awesome, @Taylor. What carrier are you on? Is the earphones included on all carriers for the S8 or?

I'm getting mine through Best Buy and the Gear VR and Controller come with, but I thought the bluetooth earphones for $99 was a separate package that came also with a 256 GB sd card. 

My provider is Verizon, and as far as I know, the headphones come with the phone for all carriers. The $99 package is different—that comes with a set of Bluetooth over-ear headphones and a 256gb micro-SD card. The headphones that come with the phone sell separately for $99, and they're wired in-ear headphones.

32 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I didn't get much time to play with the s8 Plus as we're waiting for a case/screen protector being delivered today. The plus actually fits in the hand nice, it's not that much wider than the s6 she had before, it is much taller though. The screen is insane, I am very jealous and will have phone envy for awhile.

The wired in-ear earphones do come in every package. They are nice. @Taylor covered what the $99 package includes.

The Gear VR & Controller don't come with the Best Buy shipment, you have to register for it the same way on Samsung's website.

Samsung fixes S8 problem

If you've noticed a strange red tint on your new Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ , know that Samsung has a fix coming.

The company told Korean news outlets on Friday (April 21) that will deliver a software update to Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ owners, allowing them to expand the color range they can set on their phones. The update, which will be applied automatically, will add on to the phone's existing color-optimization features, according to ZDNet .

The Galaxy S8 is hitting store shelves today. However, Samsung and its carrier partners have shipped the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ to customers who pre-ordered the device days in advance.

Some folks who got their hands on the Galaxy S8 early reported that their screens had a reddish tint . Even attempts at changing the color settings wouldn't do much to address the problem.

It was believed at the time that the color problem was due to Samsung's factory settings, which had attempted to reduce some of the green that comes through on its screen. Those settings couldn't be easily changed by users.

Initially, Samsung said that it wasn't a problem and suggested users contact the company's support team if the issue wasn't fixed. Samsung didn't, however, say that it would replace affected units, nor did it mention whether it had a software update in the works.

Now, though, the user complaints seem to have pushed Samsung over the edge and forced the company to release a software update to give users more control over the display's color settings. The company told ZDNet that while the software update will address the reddish tint, there are no fundamental problems with the handset's screen or its operation.

It's also worth noting that not all Galaxy S8 owners are experiencing the problem. Since I received my Galaxy S8+ on Wednesday, for instance, I haven't faced any reddish-tint issues.

Samsung didn't tell ZDNet when the update might be pushed to devices. However, some local Korean media reports say the company is planning to deliver it over the air sometime next week.

On 4/17/2017 at 3:20 PM, Make Angels Great Again said:

Yeah, but you have Sprint.

That's not an issue in my area at all, so no biggie. Also, my plan is $80 a month, which isn't bad. I doubt that I'd be willing to pay the difference to jump to Verizon for what would be absolutely no practical benefit in this area.

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

That's good.

I had Sprint a while back around when the Galaxy S2 came out, and it was just terrible around orange county.

I'm in BFE tucked away in the woods and on a river and I get great  reception from my house to Seattle (35 miles away). I've been with Sprint for 15 years though, so while I may not know any better, I haven't really had any problems. 

our family is switching plans from AT&T to Verizon this summer because of where my daughter is going to college. the AT&T coverage there is almost non-existant and there are no plans to put in one of their towers by the college. Verizon works very well there.

the talk here about the Galaxy phones is intriguing, but we like the iphones and will stick with them. this will be a good time for me to upgrade to the iphone 7.

i hope verizon doesn't suck.

I pretty much agree 100% with this review. 

http://www.trustedreviews.com/samsung-galaxy-s8-review

The one beef I have in addition to the fingerprint sensor location, though I'm getting used to it and I don't really care about the Bixby button, is that the $100 AKG headphones that were included are trash. Great if you're using them for talking, but if you like bass you're not going to get any through these headphones. 

Amazing phone though. The wife loves the S7 I gave her. She was going from an old Galaxy S3.