• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Samsung Galaxy S8

gotbeer

• 3 weeks later...
SamsungFlags2.jpg?tl=1&ve=1

Samsung taking these steps to make Galaxy S8 safe

Samsung isn't pulling any punches in its bid to keep you safe with the Galaxy S8, according to a new report.

Samsung plans to keep most of its battery manufacturing inside its walls and will only work with a well-respected company in Japan on the work it can't do on its own, according to a report out of Korea from local media outlet HankYung.

Approximately 80 percent of Samsung's Galaxy S8 battery will be produced by Samsung, and the remaining 20 percent will be completed by Japan's Murata Manufacturing, the report, which was earlier discovered by BGR, claims.

The Galaxy S8 will be critical to Samsung's business. If it performs well and proves safe, Samsung will be able to revitalize a brand that was hit hard last year by the Galaxy Note 7. That device was well-received among reviewers and consumers but was eventually discontinued after it started to heat up and explode.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Since I loved my Galaxy S7 so much I'm going to get the S8 in December when I'm due for an upgrade (if the reviews are good).

The big negative for me is that the only variants will be edges.  Not a big fan of the edge.

Also, I'll wait to make sure there are no reports of the phone exploding.

• 4 weeks later...

From the looks of it, the curve on the edge isn't as pronounced as it was with the Galaxy S7.  Or maybe it's just the design with a lot of rounded edges making it look like the edge isn't as much?   Also, I like how the person who posted the leaked photos has a coke pinky. 

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/exclusive-galaxy-s8-155957840.html

bgr-galaxy-s8-exclusive-1.jpg

bgr-galaxy-s8-exclusive-4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2017 at 7:56 PM, Taylor said:

My contract is up in April, so I'm debating whether to get the S8 or wait 6 months for the Google Pixel 2. 

While the Samsung Galaxy s8 looks absolutely awesome.  To the point of maybe I will upgrade.  The more I read about the Google Pixel 2, the more I am thinking of waiting.  They are supposed to have an edge to edge screen.  Same processor.  Possibly more RAM.  Camera is what they are rumored to be focusing on.  The big plus is they update their OS often, and have less bloatware.  The biggest negative is the Verizon exclusive.  Although I hear that might end soon.

Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ announced: Release date, price, and everything else you need to know

Order your Galaxy S8 on Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and more starting at midnight

Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus: Our first take

Overall.  Price isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it's still getting up there.  Disappointed it will only have 4 GB RAM.  Especially with all the new Bloat they are adding. 

17 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

hmmmm.

From the early reviews it doesn't look like much has changed for me to make the move from the S7 to S8, but I'll check out more reviews over the next month. 

I agree.  Better processor is always good.  But now, I'll be looking for the Pixel 2 rumors now. 

The biggest thing I hate about Samsung phones is the bloat and the lack of updates.  And that is what the Pixel does well. 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

I agree.  Better processor is always good.  But now, I'll be looking for the Pixel 2 rumors now. 

The biggest thing I hate about Samsung phones is the bloat and the lack of updates.  And that is what the Pixel does well. 

Do you know when the Pixel 2 comes out, @gotbeer?

34 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Do you know when the Pixel 2 comes out, @gotbeer?

Towards the end of the year.  Nothing real definite about it.  Only rumor I'm reading is that they are trying to improve on the camera.  The other vague rumor is end to end screen like the G8 and upcoming iPhone.  But that's more of a rumor rumor than more substantial of a rumor.

samsunggalaxys8.jpg?tl=1&ve=1

Galaxy S8 may be the fastest phone on every network

The Galaxy S8 looks like a powerful smartphone for all four major US carriers. It gets special abilities on T-Mobile, Sprint and AT&T, the carriers told us before the phone's launch today. And Verizon's absence from the list may just be because the carrier is being bashful.

On T-Mobile, the S8 can achieve "gigabit LTE" speeds by combining 3x carrier aggregation, 4x4 MIMO, and 256 QAM, which no other phone yet has done, T-Mobile's VP of engineering Grant Castle said. The first is a technique to bond different airwaves to make a very wide path. The second multiplies antennas for stronger signal, and the third is a more efficient encoding system. The Galaxy S7 had these three technologies, but could only use two at a time, Castle said.

"With all of those tricks turned on, it becomes our first gigabit-capable device," Castle said.

I went to Sam's Club yesterday and they had Galaxy S7 for $100 discount and a $200 gift card along with waiving the activation key. So my son and I upgraded from our S3 and S4 we had. Thought it was a good deal. Ended up getting the phone for $393.40 after applying the gift card, which I will use as I shop a lot at Sam's. Chose to make payments of $19.78 for 30 months interest free. The price of the phone may go down after the end of the month, but Sam's may not be offering a gift card and that closed the deal for us. Also both our phones were starting to glitch and we wanted new ones before they crashed. Had to go to the AT&T store to transfer all my data and almost 900 contacts along with all my text threads. They have a machine that can save all your info and transfer to the new phone. It took about 45 minutes. I don't think I could have done it online myself.

AT&T was offering a S2 watch for 99 cents if you buy an S7 or S8 there. Save $250. You just pay the activation fee and the $10 per month fee.

We both ordered Zizo covers that come with protective screens. One of the guys at work has one and he really likes it.

Great phone with super clear screen. Talk to text is much more accurate than my old phone or the i5 I have for my work phone.

Looked at the S8's and they look really nice. But since we are both in construction we were concerned about having a protective cover and screen protector on the curved edges. I have been reading about issues with the S7 edge and phone covers not sealing correctly. I'm sure some company will figure it out. 

@Redondo S3/S4 to a S7.  That's like going from a honda, and upgrading to a mazeratti.  That's a really good price on the S7, and it's a quality phone.  BTW.  If you sync up everything to your google account, you shouldn't need to do any transferring of information.  Especially contacts and pictures.  Text messages are a bit of a pain, but it's already bad enough that I have to text people anyways.  No big loss at least for me of losing that information.  Although I'm sure it's saved somewhere. 

And since you are in construction.  I'd try and get a tempered screen protector.  Although, oddly, for the S7, the edge tempered screen fits better than the regular s7 screen for some reason.  Something about the curve of the s7 screen doesn't play well with a tempered screen.

@gotbeer. Definitely getting a tempered screen protector if the one that comes with the Zizo case is too flimsy. Was looking at Zagg tempered screen protectors at Sam's. Run about $30. Definitely an upgrade over my old phone.

@Chuckster70 Sam's was offering a virtual reality headset at a really good price if you pre-order a S8 from them. At least at my Sam's they had it.