• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Samsung Galaxy S8

gotbeer

On 4/26/2017 at 0:29 PM, Chuckster70 said:

I pretty much agree 100% with this review. 

http://www.trustedreviews.com/samsung-galaxy-s8-review

The one beef I have in addition to the fingerprint sensor location, though I'm getting used to it and I don't really care about the Bixby button, is that the $100 AKG headphones that were included are trash. Great if you're using them for talking, but if you like bass you're not going to get any through these headphones. 

Amazing phone though. The wife loves the S7 I gave her. She was going from an old Galaxy S3. 

Correction on the headphones. They're actually amazing if you take out the earbuds that come with and replace them with something that fits more snug in your earholes.

Now, now only is there amazing sound, but tremendous bass. 

i'm guessing whoever makes these wireless ear buds will be able to print their own money if they make it possible to buy single ear buds to replace all of the ones that inevitably going to be lost, especially if teenagers own a pair.

and on a completely unrelated note, my daughter will be buying her own wireless ear buds, if she so chooses.

21 hours ago, Tank said:

i'm guessing whoever makes these wireless ear buds will be able to print their own money if they make it possible to buy single ear buds to replace all of the ones that inevitably going to be lost, especially if teenagers own a pair.

and on a completely unrelated note, my daughter will be buying her own wireless ear buds, if she so chooses.

Little do you know that she chooses mom to buy them.

On 5/6/2017 at 11:39 AM, Slegnaac said:

Just replaced my S4 and the better hall's S5 with the S8.  Very impressed so far. 

Any recommendations on screen protectors / cases?

I just got a Zizo holder for my S7 and my son's S7. Comes with a glass protector.

I use the belt clip at work because I have a work phone also that goes in my pocket. This case slides in and out of pockets without sticking if you don't use the belt clip.

https://www.zizowireless.com/collections

On 5/7/2017 at 3:21 PM, Redondo said:

I just got a Zizo holder for my S7 and my son's S7. Comes with a glass protector.

I use the belt clip at work because I have a work phone also that goes in my pocket. This case slides in and out of pockets without sticking if you don't use the belt clip.

https://www.zizowireless.com/collections

Thanks for the recommendation.

I'm a little bit OCD so I'm not sure I could deal with gluing a plastic cover.  I would always be looking for imperfections. 

20 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Thanks for the recommendation.

I'm a little bit OCD so I'm not sure I could deal with gluing a plastic cover.  I would always be looking for imperfections. 

I recommend Spigen cases. Great design and EXCELLENT protection. I've dropped my phones numerous times from five or so feet with no damage.

25 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

I recommend Spigen cases. Great design and EXCELLENT protection. I've dropped my phones numerous times from five or so feet with no damage.

I'm a big Spigen fan also.  Their headquarters is in Irvine also.  But their cases are fairly cheap, but feel solid and fit the phones well.

I can't recommend Spigen. I had this case: https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Rugged-Resilient-Absorption-Samsung/dp/B01A7IDHOU/ref=sr_1_15?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1494516175&sr=1-15&keywords=s7+edge+case

I dropped it in the parking lot of my office last week trying to put it in my pocket and the screen shattered. I just got the LG G6 and put this case on it by Supcase and this feels like a tank. I learned my lesson, and won't be going with a slim case again. Would have cost over $300 to repair the screen on the s7 edge.

https://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-Full-body-Holster-Protector-Release/dp/B06XCY1JQM/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1494516246&sr=1-1&keywords=supcase+g6

2 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I can't recommend Spigen. I had this case: https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Rugged-Resilient-Absorption-Samsung/dp/B01A7IDHOU/ref=sr_1_15?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1494516175&sr=1-15&keywords=s7+edge+case

I dropped it in the parking lot of my office last week trying to put it in my pocket and the screen shattered. I just got the LG G6 and put this case on it by Supcase and this feels like a tank. I learned my lesson, and won't be going with a slim case again. Would have cost over $300 to repair the screen on the s7 edge.

https://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-Full-body-Holster-Protector-Release/dp/B06XCY1JQM/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1494516246&sr=1-1&keywords=supcase+g6

Doh.  That's the case I have.  LOL.  Haven't had problems with it.  Although the second case you listed does look like it would protect the face better.

55 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Doh.  That's the case I have.  LOL.  Haven't had problems with it.  Although the second case you listed does look like it would protect the face better.

It only takes one time, and then you're out a few hundred bucks unless you don't mind living with cracked glass. I highly recommend a new, more rugged case. Also look into a tempered glass screen protector for good measure. I'd never broken a screen before but it's a costly mistake when you do (for some phones at least. The iPhones seem to be a bit cheaper to fix the glass).

1 minute ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

It only takes one time, and then you're out a few hundred bucks unless you don't mind living with cracked glass. I highly recommend a new, more rugged case. Also look into a tempered glass screen protector for good measure. I'd never broken a screen before but it's a costly mistake when you do (for some phones at least. The iPhones seem to be a bit cheaper to fix the glass).

Yeah, I've never broken or even cracked a screen before.  I'm usually pretty careful with my phone.  Always in a case.  Have a screen protector on it, although not a tempered glass.  Never in my pockets, always in a holster. 

On 5/11/2017 at 10:25 AM, Make Angels Great Again said:

That stinks. So far I've had good luck with them when it comes to drops, I use the slim armor and tough armor line. I keep tempered glass protectors on my phones at all times, too. 

How do you like the G6? 

The G6 is pretty good. The thing is though, the s7 edge is such a good phone that I think it's comparable to the G6 even though it's a year older. I don't really miss the "edge screen", it was cool at first but I got over it. One thing that's nice is to know that I've taken the jump to USB-C, which should be here for a long long time.

On 5/11/2017 at 10:55 AM, Slegnaac said:

Anyone add an SD card to the S8 yet?

If so, any concerns about compromising the water resistant feature?

If it's anything like the S7, then the SD card should be no issue to water resistance. 

On 5/10/2017 at 8:57 AM, RallyMo said:

Maybe you ought to also look into a nice pair of gloves or a can of Stick'em.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...