• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Espinosa, Calhoun, Richards and Shoemaker Agree to Terms, Avoid Arbitration

mulwin444

7 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/01/angels-avoid-arbitration-with-danny-espinosa.html

Richards signs for $6.85 Mil

Calhoun signs for $6.35 Mil

Shoemaker signs for $3.325 Mil

Espinosa signs for $5.425 Mil

This should give us a clearer picture of the salary commitments for the Angels going into the season

Lol that we are paying Hamilton more than all of these guys combined.

18 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

I didn't mean to spoil your thread ... it was very informative as always. 

Good stuff

Here let me help you ... ;)

IMG_6416.PNG

IMG_6417.PNG

If you posted more like this, you wouldn't get so much crap from other posters. 

You know how to add to the discussion while being original with your own takes. Also you clearly enjoy boobs so that's just a boner er.. bonus. 

10 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

If you posted more like this, you wouldn't get so much crap from other posters. 

You know how to add to the discussion while being original with your own takes. Also you clearly enjoy boobs so that's just a boner er.. bonus. 

I've learned from the best ... thanks master Dawg

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

We seem to be at about $173m AAV/luxury tax purposes for 2017 as it stands right now. $22m shy of the $195m tax threshold.

So he has room to improve the team, lets see if he uses his resources to put the team in a better position to compete this coming season.  

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So he has room to improve the team, lets see if he uses his resources to put the team in a better position to compete this coming season.  

With the dearth of FAs left I think they should go heavy on 1-yr deals and just hope for the best. May balloon payroll up for one year, but we can reset in a big way this offseason. Sell them off as the season goes on, unless we're running away with things, hope that some of the returns answer our needs for next year, and then go into next offseason with only ~$100m on the books and see what we need to get with ample flexibility, both with our payroll and our roster depth, to do so.

I don't see much difference in our playoff chances if the roster rounds out with Wieters, Utley, Howell, and Henderson over Perez, Marte, Alvarez, and Guerra. It'll cost a lot more money of course. But if most of that is tied up in one-year deals, really no harm done. Yeah, some of those guys may be wasted a bit in SLC, but it's not like we're removing them from the organization, and to be fair, on most teams they'd all likely be in AAA anyways.

5 hours ago, totdprods said:

With the dearth of FAs left I think they should go heavy on 1-yr deals and just hope for the best. May balloon payroll up for one year, but we can reset in a big way this offseason. Sell them off as the season goes on, unless we're running away with things, hope that some of the returns answer our needs for next year, and then go into next offseason with only ~$100m on the books and see what we need to get with ample flexibility, both with our payroll and our roster depth, to do so.

I don't see much difference in our playoff chances if the roster rounds out with Wieters, Utley, Howell, and Henderson over Perez, Marte, Alvarez, and Guerra. It'll cost a lot more money of course. But if most of that is tied up in one-year deals, really no harm done. Yeah, some of those guys may be wasted a bit in SLC, but it's not like we're removing them from the organization, and to be fair, on most teams they'd all likely be in AAA anyways.

yeah.  net wins aren't easy to come by at this point in the off season.    

You add Wieters at 1/12.  Maybe Hammel at 1/7.  Romo, Holland and Logan at 1/17 combined.  Maybe that nets you 2 wins on paper but at nearly 40 mil.  That's an extreme example, but I just don't see anyone available to move the needle enough to make it worth it.