• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2D or 3D ?

Jay

Do you prefer 2D or 3D ?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer 2D or 3D ?

• 2D
    • 3D

On 12/24/2016 at 9:17 AM, Jay said:

I saw The Force Awakens in 3D and it was just OK for me. I think I would prefer 2D, but I wanted to hear what others think.

my brother and i saw it in 3D last week because it offered us the best seat selection of the day (saw the 9:45 am show) and because the price was still less than a regular ticket during the non-discount shows ($15 for us vs. $16 normally). the 3D effects didn't enhance or distract from the movie. in fact, i'm really not even sure why they showed it in 3D as i can't recall any moments where i thought "wow, that's so much better than what those peasants watching 2D must be experiencing."

2d. 

But I really do like the Xpand 3d system.  But that was only because I could bring my own 3d Glasses in.  The theater ones were too heavy and glass got smudged easily.  But using a personal pair was just so much better.

RealD is ok.  Not as crisp.  Probably the 3d medium I dislike the most.

Dolby 3D needs to do like Xpand and offer a purchasable pair.  The theater versions get dirty easy, and just don't fit right.

Never have tried the Imax 3D.

But IMO, the quality of the glasses really affects the 3d experience.  And that is the biggest problem.  Because one smudge, or scratch, or ill fitting glasses, and it can ruin the experience. 

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

2d. 

But I really do like the Xpand 3d system.  But that was only because I could bring my own 3d Glasses in.  The theater ones were too heavy and glass got smudged easily.  But using a personal pair was just so much better.

RealD is ok.  Not as crisp.  Probably the 3d medium I dislike the most.

Dolby 3D needs to do like Xpand and offer a purchasable pair.  The theater versions get dirty easy, and just don't fit right.

Never have tried the Imax 3D.

But IMO, the quality of the glasses really affects the 3d experience.  And that is the biggest problem.  Because one smudge, or scratch, or ill fitting glasses, and it can ruin the experience. 

if you bring your own glasses, do you still get charged extra to see the movie?