• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Engagement rings

Schildog

Lost my first wedding band in the toilet. I had taken ring off while sitting on the can and put it on my pinkie, not an unusual thing for me to do. Stood up after a particular nasty dump and my ring fell off right into the muck. Debated whether to reach in and fish it out, a debate that lasted about two seconds. It now sleeps with the fishes. Wife was totally understanding and bought me a new ring that Christmas. It's about the size and weight of a really nice napkin ring. With my weight loss, the napkin ring now fits again.

On 12/19/2016 at 9:18 PM, Sully151 said:

I sold a vehicle to pay for my wife's engagement ring (I also paid off a credit card) and the vehicle has gone up in value. What has the ring done for me? 

It made her love you more. and im willing to bet all these years later, she still wakes up every day and notices how much it cost you.

Not making fun of you. im making fun of both of us, and every other sucker out there.

Slightly off topic, anyone know how to get the most out of selling one?

Just now, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Include your ex in the sale.

I like it. buyer pays for the bitching. i mean shipping.

I recently mentioned to a girl im seeing that a buddy just dropped 15K on a ring. she said thats not a lot of money.

I guess we'll just keep this relationship at the drinks and sex level.

11 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I like it. buyer pays for the bitching. i mean shipping.

I recently mentioned to a girl im seeing that a buddy just dropped 15K on a ring. she said thats not a lot of money.

I guess we'll just keep this relationship at the drinks and sex level.

She must be super-hot, congrats.

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

She must be super-hot, congrats.

And therein lies the rub.

The gods made her at least worthy of discussing it. and a plastic surgeon made me at least google financing options.

I laughed at her and told her i would much, much rather buy her a thousand dollar ring, and give her 14 in cash. and down the road she would agree.

But like i said, its been decided (by me) that we shall remain f*ck buddies as she continues her quest to find a persian dude, and i meet another woman with less lofty goals. thankfully i work in an economically depressed area.

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Maybe it's not very much money if you're 60 years old and the girl is 25...

But if you're both 25, it's a lot of money.

If youre any age, its a lot. to me, its not the money, its the point. by all means, give her a mutual fund with 15K in it as a dowry, i mean engagement ring, and its a different story.

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

And therein lies the rub.

The gods made her at least worthy of discussing it. and a plastic surgeon made me at least google financing options.

I laughed at her and told her i would much, much rather buy her a thousand dollar ring, and give her 14 in cash. and down the road she would agree.

But like i said, its been decided (by me) that we shall remain f*ck buddies as she continues her quest to find a persian dude, and i meet another woman with less lofty goals. thankfully i work in an economically depressed area.

haha.

This reminded me, a couple of weeks ago we were up in L.A. and found ourselves driving behind a dude with a vanity license plate that simply read, "TEHRAN"

8 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

If youre any age, its a lot. to me, its not the money, its the point. by all means, give her a mutual fund with 15K in it as a dowry, i mean engagement ring, and its a different story.

Put the $15K in a fund and sign her to an incentive-laden contract...

7 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

It made her love you more. and im willing to bet all these years later, she still wakes up every day and notices how much it cost you.

Not making fun of you. im making fun of both of us, and every other sucker out there.

Slightly off topic, anyone know how to get the most out of selling one?

Well, I admit, I sold my 1965, 13 window deluxe VW bus and it bums me out to this day, but I went into our marriage with the ring she wanted in her finger and no debt, so that is a good thing.

Since we have been married, I have bought a couple of guitars, a couple of mountain bikes, and a jeep that wouldn't be in the budget for a guy that works in the theater (hence the credit cards).