• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rose Bowl Parade

NJHalo

Anyone ever been? IS it worth it? How hard is it to get tickets/seats? Area hotels are probably hard to get.

The wife and kids all said they would like to go one day, but coming from the east coast on a holiday week would take some maneuvering.

I've never been, having lived in LA my entire life.  But I have heard that people have a blast camping out, and watching the parade live. 

As for Tickets, the parade route is really long.  Only the TV areas near the start really have ticket/grandstands.  You won't get all the bells and whistles as in the beginning of the parade.  But if you just want to check it out, the ending may be more worth it.  I remember a while back, that there are a bunch of people that like to watch around the freeway, since that's where some of the taller floats have to collapse itself to fit under. 

As for hotels.  Yeah, that area is going to suck for hotels.  Some of your best options, if you don't do the camp out overnight, is take the train (gold line) that morning.  That way you don't have to worry about parking.  And you can get a hotel elsewhere at a more reasonable rate. 

went twice a few years ago. while i enjoyed seeing the floats and all the pageantry that goes with it, it was bitter cold and i ended up catching some kind of virus that lasted until april. we went because of my daughters scout troop, and since she's no longer into that, i don't ever have to go again. the B-2 plane flies almost directly over my house to start the parade, so we go outside and watch it fly over, then go back inside where it's warm and sane and watch the stupid thing on tv. i'd invite you over but there's usually a lot of nudity at that hour in our house and well, you're not welcome.

I went a couple years in a row with family and friends which is probably now more than a decade ago, but there was no buying tickets. A family friend worked at a building that was on the street of the parade route, so we got good parking and good seating. But we would have to wake up at like 4am New Years day to get everybody together and get down there to avoid the insane traffic. Checking out the floats the day after is nice too. I think my mom even took me to the place where they made the floats once or twice, to watch them being put together. I never understood the insane amount of effort people would put into the floats. And I think it was mostly volunteer work.

Going to the parade once is enough. I typically preferred looking at the hot cheerleaders and watching the bands more than the floats.

Waking up that early on New Years Day has been out of the question for me for a while now. 

On 11/25/2016 at 1:02 PM, NJHalo said:

Anyone ever been? IS it worth it? How hard is it to get tickets/seats? Area hotels are probably hard to get.

The wife and kids all said they would like to go one day, but coming from the east coast on a holiday week would take some maneuvering.

Do Not buy any tickets that are for the Rose Parade on January 1, 2017.

On 11/29/2016 at 7:47 PM, ELEVEN said:

Camping out on Colorado blvd the night before was much more fun than the parade.

Yep...When I was a teenager I camped out twice the night before the parade. Stayed up all night.

Didn't see one minute of the parade either time. The Rose Bowl game I've actually been to.. and enjoyed.

21 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

in perfectly ironic fashion, about 5 minutes ago while driving home from a movie with my wife she requested that we take the kids to the rose parade.  

the toughest part of this story is having to wait until monday to find a good divorce attorney.

7 hours ago, Chimi said:

If you plan on going, the Rose Parade is on the 2nd since the 1st is a Sunday (they don't have the parade on Sundays).

Shh.  Correction should be.

Rose Parade is always on the 1st.  If you get there and it's not happening, tell the kids the parade was canceled and take them to the track instead.