• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pet Peeve # 1,456,454 - Length of road construction time

Irvine Blvd in Irvine between just west of Modjeska and the new Portola HS (around the Great Park) is only about 1.5 to 2 miles in length, yet by the time upgrading of it is complete in May 2017, it will have been SIXTEEN months of alternate reducing to 1 lane in each direction.  

Has Irvine always been this slow with road improvements?????     This city sucks!

If only road construction on the 10 fwy was that fast. When I lived in Chino they started the Corona Expressway overpass. 5 years later when we moved to San Dimas it still was not complete and it was a damn overpass. The rest of the expressway was completed but the overpass that crosses the 60 freeway took 7 years.

1 hour ago, m0nkey said:

How about the stretch on the 5 from the 605 to buena park.  It's been under construction for what seems like forever. What a joke that has become

I think that has something to do with the fact they are widening the freeway by multiple lanes on both sides, flattening buildings that used to be on the side of the freeway, and having to rebuild all the bridges to accommodate the wider freeway.

29 minutes ago, red321 said:

I think that has something to do with the fact they are widening the freeway by multiple lanes on both sides, flattening buildings that used to be on the side of the freeway, and having to rebuild all the bridges to accommodate the wider freeway.

That makes more sense than 1.5 to 2 miles of road, without any overpasses to build, needing 16 months to simply redo the drainage system under the road.

When law requires that the job goes to the lowest "qualified" bid, this is what you get.

I remember a small bridge by my house taking 18 months to renovate. The thing was maybe 150 feet long and the 18 months it took seemed like an eternity to those of us who had to detour at rush hour. I went out to Las Vegas around the same time, and got a tour of the newly opened Luxor Resort which also took 18 months to complete once construction started. Goes to show you what can be done when there is money to be made.

Las Vegas seems to wait until just before school starts to begin digging up or paving roads that are the main streets passing schools. Another peeve is cones that are set up blocking off lanes for extended periods with no apparent work going on.

Another thing that was done locally was that the bypass road (215) was built without overpasses on my side of town - meaning that it still has traffic lights on it. Who builds a 4-6 lane divided highway with lights on it? Adding to the frustration is that they have now built two overpasses to connect streets that didn't have exits before, but have done nothing where the lights are.

32 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Another thing that was done locally was that the bypass road (215) was built without overpasses on my side of town - meaning that it still has traffic lights on it. Who builds a 4-6 lane divided highway with lights on it? Adding to the frustration is that they have now built two overpasses to connect streets that didn't have exits before, but have done nothing where the lights are.

it's their way of prepping you to drive on hwy 71 here to get from the san gabriel valley to corona.