• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What did I ever do to St. Louis?

yk9001

my expectations were tempered because they haven't been a good team for awhile, but wow, what a letdown last night. the offense just never seemed to make any adjustments, and they looked horrible all night long.

keenum is a short-term solution until they feel goff is ready to go. hopefully, that transition won't take too long to get here. 

fisher will stay the season just to make sure the transition is smooth, but i can't imagine he's anywhere near this football team once the season ends.

here's hoping for better results on sunday against the seahawks. LOL.

4 hours ago, AngelsLongBall said:

Goff can't take a snap from under center.  He didn't do it in high school and he didn't do it in college.  They say he looks like a baby deer on ice when he's under center.  Gurley would be ineffective if used in the pistol or shotgun.  So what weapon do you disarm?  And the OL schemes sucked big time.

If this is true, why the hell did they draft him???  They could have drafted anyone.  The were able to research everything, so did they choose Goff?

5 hours ago, VariousCrap said:

If this is true, why the hell did they draft him???  They could have drafted anyone.  The were able to research everything, so did they choose Goff?

Hell if I know. Maybe they thought he would make progress like a high school freshman quarterback does taking snaps in the 5 months since the draft. I also heard that they wanted to make a big splash (where have we heard that before?!) upon their return to LA

10 hours ago, AngelsLongBall said:

I also heard that they wanted to make a big splash (where have we heard that before?!) upon their return to LA

Yeah, the big splash.

The Rams have sold 80,000 seats to all seven home games.  Do you think there would have been less if they didn't draft Jared Fucking Goff?

This Big Splash stuff is incredible.  If the Rams would have drafted, say, Troy Aikman out of UCLA this year; or traded for the current Aaron Rodgers - that's a big splash.

Jared Goff from Cal was in now way a big splash.

People running these teams are imbeciles.

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Yeah, the big splash.

The Rams have sold 80,000 seats to all seven home games.  Do you think there would have been less if they didn't draft Jared Fucking Goff?

This Big Splash stuff is incredible.  If the Rams would have drafted, say, Troy Aikman out of UCLA this year; or traded for the current Aaron Rodgers - that's a big splash.

Jared Goff from Cal was in now way a big splash.

People running these teams are imbeciles.

I agree. 

My buddy in San Diego and I have laughs at the Charger's expense all the time.  The recipe for running a successful franchise is out.  Hell, the blueprint is practically given away.  Whenever we're tailgating, we always say how we could do a better job running a front office.  I think we could actually do better than the Spanos org

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Let Goff learn on the job.   Bradshaw, Montana, Plunkett, Rothlisberger, Brady, Newton, Carr, Winston, etc. all learned on the job.

This is stupid making Goff 3rd string.   Yet another reason to clean out the coaching staff.

Did you guys watch the frigging preseason?  Goff sucked!  Two fumbles and two Ints in very limited time.  The reason they lost on Monday night wasn't because Goff was in street clothes.

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

I believe a guy named Andrew Luck has had a pretty decent career as a first overall picking starting in the NFL right away as well.

Again, I would get him not starting if we had a Favre/Rodgers situation. But our other QB's are horrific. And it's not because of our offensive game plan.

Uh, about that:

http://deadspin.com/this-actually-goes-a-long-way-toward-explaining-that-ra-1786628871

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

I believe a guy named Andrew Luck has had a pretty decent career as a first overall picking starting in the NFL right away as well.

Again, I would get him not starting if we had a Favre/Rodgers situation. But our other QB's are horrific. And it's not because of our offensive game plan.

You're on another planet if you think Luck and Goff are remotely similar

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Let Goff learn on the job.   Bradshaw, Montana, Plunkett, Rothlisberger, Brady, Newton, Carr, Winston, etc. all learned on the job.

This is stupid making Goff 3rd string.   Yet another reason to clean out the coaching staff.

bradshaw looked like he was fresh out of jr. high his rookie season. could not have looked worse. i think it would have been physically impossible for him to suck more than he did.

i was at a niners game in san fran during montana's rookie year. he was awful and the crowd booed him.