• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What did I ever do to St. Louis?

yk9001

40 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I'd rather have a one winged parrot in there over Keenum.

There was a rumor that up until last Thursday night, there was a deal in place to send Keenum to Denver for Talib and someone else plus pick(s).  I don't know who backed away. 

Keenum certainly is no Aaron Rodgers, but he's not as bad as he looked.  YK's article stated the 9ers knew the receiver trees by set/formation.  I'm inclined to believe that there may be a bit of truth to that article and that the Rams aren't that terrible.  That falls on the coaching; even Tom Brady is gonna look like shit when the defense knows what's coming

Ouch, if true.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/9/14/12915060/keyshawn-johnson-la-rams-head-coach-jeff-fisher-forced-to-draft-jared-goff

Johnson: Well, I think [Jared Goff’s benching] is about everybody. I think it’s the people that have to get Jared Goff prepared. I think it’s about the individuals that made the decision to draft him, whether it was Kevin Demoff or whether it was Les Snead with a little bit of help from Jeff Fisher.

From my outside people and the inside people that I know with the Rams, that wasn’t the choice that Jeff Fisher really wanted. I think he was basically forced to draft Jared Goff.

Smith: Who did he want?

Johnson: I think he wanted more players. I think he wanted more players because he felt that he could be more competitive with more players, but they felt they needed to make a splash moving into Los Angeles and drafting a quarterback.

Look. I don’t care what anybody say, and I say this all the time. I’ve seen Jared Goff for three years. Three years out here in the Pac-12. I like him. He’s a nice kid, but he wouldn’t have been my #1 overall pick. He just wouldn’t have been. He doesn’t give me...

This isn’t Andrew Luck or Cam Newton we’re talking about. You don’t move up to take this type of guy.

Big Splash!  I thought it was a bad idea to dump picks into the #1 pick.  They have needs that could have been filled, and instead they emptied the cupboard.  You empty the cupboard when Andrew Luck is available.  Not Jared Goff.

On 9/13/2016 at 8:53 AM, yk9001 said:

I had guessed that the third response would come in pedantic-heavy.  I lose, it was the first response.  #lifetimelives

That was an incredible trainwreck last night.  At some point, they had to figure the -1 yard outs to Tavon Austin weren't going to work.

Jeff Fisher disagrees with your thought!

image7291519x.jpg

Dickerson was the color commentor on the rams preseason games, and he thinks Goff isn't ready.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/09/14/jared-goff-eric-dickerson-rams-not-ready-nfl/

Guys,throwing him to the wolves against seattle isn't going to solve things.

Lets not forget, this was one game.  Lets have a little perspective.  Lets give it a couple games.

Johnson: I think he wanted more players. I think he wanted more players because he felt that he could be more competitive with more players, but they felt they needed to make a splash moving into Los Angeles and drafting a quarterback.

If this is true....

THE SPLASH WAS THE NFL RETURNING TO LOS ANGELES.  THAT WAS NOT JUST A SPLASH, IT WAS A TIDAL WAVE.  DRAFTING SOME IDIOT (duh, I don't know whether the sun rises or sets in the west) AND GIVING UP TWO DRAFTS TO GET HIM ISN'T A SPLASH!

God, i'd like to shoot whoever used the word "splash" in the Angels and Rams front office.

2 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I don't really care about Hockey either, but with this smorgasbord of embarrassing teams in the LA area, I'll take what I can get. 

I don't know which is worse hockey or soccer. When I was growing up no one, and I mean no one played either of those sports. Hell, I'd rather go bowling or watch Rhythmic gymnastics. lol Well maybe not bowling.:D

2 hours ago, Puget Sound Angel said:

The Rams have a good defense. The Seahawks have a terrible offensive line. If the Rams only had a functioning QB, they could win this game Sunday. Hand the ball to Gurley.

In 2016, I don't think you can be successful just handing off to a great running back.  There has to be a downfield threat, or else the dbs just help load the box.

That was more like it.

Big crowd

ZERO TOs!!!!

Keenum played like an NFL QB (18-30, 239 yds).

Hekker pinned them inside the 20 on each of his punts.   Field position was solid today.

Gurley is still being keyed on (19 carries for 51 yds), but had a nice reception.

Three straight over Seattle!!!!