• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Laundry Pros

Ancient Chinese secret, huh?

I think it's probably my dryer, old piece of junk. I've been planning to sell and buy a better house for a bit, and have backed off upgrading anything for the house (appliances, new mattress,  etc) until I know how the new house will be. Might need to bite the bullet and replace the washer/dryer beforehand

17 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

And not only shrink, like shrink a whole size.

I can usually require stretch them out, but I look like a poser that buys shirts too small. My main gripe is the fading and pilling

You sound like a man that's in denial......stop freaking eating so much!

In all seriousness, hard water does have an effect on clothes. With soft water, you'll notice that your clothes are not fading as much and are noticeably softer. You'll also use less soap with soft water.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

will that be okay with your new russian bride?

Depends. If she comes from the city, probably. If she's from the steppes (where I've heard they're cheaper, and I can fire my lawn guy), probably not.

Next AW softball event, prepare to meet my new wife "Kelly from saved by the bell-sky recon scout-ah" 

1 hour ago, IEAngelfan said:

In all seriousness, hard water does have an effect on clothes. With soft water, you'll notice that your clothes are not fading as much and are noticeably softer. You'll also use less soap with soft water.

I swear, the shirts only shrink at the gut...it's weird.

But yeah, it does seem to coincide with the water softner taking a dump. And to be fair, the washer and dryer are old as dirt

14 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I swear, the shirts only shrink at the gut...it's weird.

But yeah, it does seem to coincide with the water softner taking a dump. And to be fair, the washer and dryer are old as dirt

No idea what they do to clothes, but those older washers/dryers are a 100x better than modern crap if we're talking reliability. 

3 hours ago, IEAngelfan said:

maybe you should check out the cottage cheese thread, TORS.

and throw in a little pineapple just to put it over the top.

3 hours ago, mp170.6 said:

I'm talking about the liquid stuff you buy in a bottle, made by Downy, I think. 

Still the same answer.

You pour it in it's specified spot in the washer and generally have to let the machine know you are using a fabric softener. It generally runs before the final rinse cycle.

Just now, Harriet said:

Still the same answer.

You pour it in it's specified spot in the washer and generally have to let the machine know you are using a fabric softener. It generally runs before the final rinse cycle.

I guess that's why I'm confused...  my 25 year old washer doesn't appear to have an extra place for that.