• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers trying to give away Puig

kevinb

17 minutes ago, totdprods said:

After the whole Hamilton fiasco I wouldn't want to even think of bringing in another outfielder with that much baggage anytime soon. Even if there's tremendous upside. We just got burned by almost the exact same scenario - we haven't even paid it off yet!

Just sign some cheap vet to a 1 or 2 year deal this offseason and hope they provide some stability.

Baggage other than being immature and kind of a knucklehead what else is there out there? 

34 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

From what I understand, Puig had a 'handler' much the same way Hamilton did and then the Dodgers got rid him.  If you brought him in, you'd have to go that route for sure.  Someone would need to watch this guy like a hawk.  Frankly, I just don't see Arte and co. wanting to deal with this headache.  

The guy was seemingly innocuous at first.  Just immature and stupid.  Now he's approaching the realm of being dangerous.  He's clearly a distraction to the clubhouse.  

I also can't see the Dodgers trading him down the street.  

I'm inclined to pass.  

Says who he has a handler? And what the heck is a handler even mean? Are you insinuating he is a drug addict? Even if that is the case which no one has ever reported it to be. We have Weaver and we chose to sign the Freak who both are known to have huge drug problems and everyone kind of laughs it off don't they? 

7 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Weaver has a huge drug problem?

It wasn't laughed at when we signed Lincecum that they can go smoke together. Maybe not a huge drug problem cause he's never to my knowledge gone to rehab. But from when I've run across him out and from the people I've known to run across him as well. Guys lit about 98 percent of the time. 

11 minutes ago, JAHV76 said:

To some degree but most don't act  like he's does.

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2015/11/27/yasiel-puig-bar-brawl/

I don't condone that he pushed his sister at all. No one should lay a hand on a woman. But you also don't know the relationship of their family. And at the end of the article it states the fight was mutual with the restaurant staff. Things get heated. My guess is once the staff came in words were said and in a bar type of environment people drinking someone pushes someone and punches get thrown

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think being around Pujols, Trout and Calhoun, all three of which who demand respect, well perhaps he'd straighten out?

Honestly though, I think the Dodgers want him as far away as possible.  

Well, I think the Dodgers believed that AGon would do the same with the kid..... 

Might be a good opportunity! I just doubt we do it though...

25 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

It wasn't laughed at when we signed Lincecum that they can go smoke together. Maybe not a huge drug problem cause he's never to my knowledge gone to rehab. But from when I've run across him out and from the people I've known to run across him as well. Guys lit about 98 percent of the time. 

I find this post disturbing ... him being a family man. 

98% of the time ... so you're saying, that he's pretty much stoned when he pitches.

48 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

If the Angels had Guillen in those playoffs we probably go all the way and win the WS. 

Red Sux had our number in 2004.   They hit Halos pitching pretty hard.

Plus, who's to say that Guillen's desruptive presence would have allowed the Halos to win 7 out of 8 crucial games to win the AL West?

48 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Says who he has a handler? And what the heck is a handler even mean? Are you insinuating he is a drug addict? Even if that is the case which no one has ever reported it to be. We have Weaver and we chose to sign the Freak who both are known to have huge drug problems and everyone kind of laughs it off don't they? 

Watching the events unfold from a distance, Tim Bravo sighed.

“I’m greatly disappointed in the situation,” Bravo said by phone from his home in Las Cruces, N.M.

Bravo might have been Puig’s only chance.

When Puig was first called up to the major leagues, Bravo was his around-the-clock companion. Coincidentally or not, Puig was at his best when Bravo was by his side. “He needs discipline, he needs boundaries,” said Bravo, a former English-language instructor for Dodgers minor leaguers.

Bravo returned to his work as a special education teacher late in the 2013 season. The Dodgers didn’t make a real effort to retain him.

He went to spring training this year at Puig’s request. By all accounts, Puig was a model citizen, as the physically-imposing Bravo made sure he maintained a healthy diet, went to sleep at a reasonable hour and reported to the team’s training facility on time.

When camp ended, the now-retired Bravo went home to a part-time job in retail and Puig reverted to his old behavior, people familiar with the situation said.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-sp-dodgers-puig-hernandez-20160801-snap-story.html

30 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

98% of the time ... so you're saying, that he's pretty much stoned when he pitches.

You might find it disturbing but. I don't know where u go out. But I've never seen him out sober. Ask people around the stadium at the restaurants and bars. Saturday night when I went to the game and we ended up at a well established bar around there. And talking to bartenders about the Angels players etc. the guy had noting but good things to say about the players who come in except one. Weaver. I guess he gets kicked out regularly. I'm not saying he's a bad person. Everyone does their life differently. But if you think people are "Angels" let alone athletes. I have too many stories as I'm sure you guys do as well of people you've ran into that aren't their portrayed persona. Also I said when I've seen him out and people I've known have seen him out. I don't know what he does during the game. So don't put words in my post. 

16 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

“I’m greatly disappointed in the situation,” Bravo said by phone from his home in Las Cruces, N.M.

When Puig was first called up to the major leagues, Bravo was his around-the-clock companion. Coincidentally or not, Puig was at his best when Bravo was by his side. “He needs discipline, he needs boundaries,” said Bravo, a former English-language instructor for Dodgers minor leaguers.

Bravo returned to his work as a special education teacher late in the 2013 season. The Dodgers didn’t make a real effort to retain him.

He went to spring training this year at Puig’s request. By all accounts, Puig was a model citizen, as the physically-imposing Bravo made sure he maintained a healthy diet, went to sleep at a reasonable hour and reported to the team’s training facility on time.

When camp ended, the now-retired Bravo went home to a part-time job in retail and Puig reverted to his old behavior, people familiar with the situation said.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-sp-dodgers-puig-hernandez-20160801-snap-story.html

Discipline and boundaries. Sounds like a lot of athletes when they get money. Sounds just immature. 

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

There are guys like Adrian Gonzales and Clayton Kershaw on the Dodgers, and it didn't do squat.  I firmly believe that the "veteran leadership" stuff is garbage.

That said, I'd love to take a low-cost flier on him.

Agree fully. If kershaw and grienke couldnt get the guy to knlck off the asshole bullshit, neither will trout pujols. And trust me when i say there was WAY more going on behind the scenes with puig and his team....

The talent is worth the gamble...but his declining talent and bad attitude make it a huge gamble.

Oddly enough, he doesnt come off that much of a prick over a beer....

1 hour ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

The Angels have not had a left fielder for a while. The Angels are twenty games under .500.

Very true, but that doesnt instantly make puig the answer. If you look at his stats the trend hasnt looked good. There were plenty of us mentioning 3 years ago his lack of patience and aggressive swinging would catch up wooner or later. 

There was a reason vladdy was sich a freak...

55 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

It would in fact explain his fastball. He very likely could believe its still hitting low 90s. Especially if his offseason routine is frisbee golf at the park in huntington beach.

48 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

It is kind of funny that puig needed a special ed teacher.

4 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Negative. Yeah, guillens bat would have helped. But it wouldnt have stopped the red sox bats that year. Games 1 and 2 with ratboy and colon werent exactly close.

I understand that but I guess you never know the mental edge they would have had coming in with their offense instead of being a man down