• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Low Back Pain Pro's

Somehow between leaving work at 4PM today and getting home from a dinner date with my gf at about 9PM tonight, I developed some nasty pain in the mid-right side of my back. Like I felt some slight discomfort around 7 that turned into something pretty nasty by about 9. I feel fine standing up straight or laying on my back, but bending over is a bit painful, and any sort of lateral movement feels horrible, whether rotating or leaning. Didn't do anything terribly stressful physically today, so it's hard to identify a root cause. The only thing I can think of is that I had a mild oblique strain on my left side about a month ago that I can still feel some discomfort from on and off. Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Could be a bit of intestinal blockage

Took care of that already man. I'm not an amateur here. First step in dealing with all problems = whiskey and a solid BM. This is some sort of muscle thing I think... Or maybe a pinched nerve? I don't know, I've  never had back issues of any kind before.

On 9/9/2016 at 11:43 PM, Don said:

Somehow between leaving work at 4PM today and getting home from a dinner date with my gf at about 9PM tonight, I developed some nasty pain in the mid-right side of my back. Like I felt some slight discomfort around 7 that turned into something pretty nasty by about 9. I feel fine standing up straight or laying on my back, but bending over is a bit painful, and any sort of lateral movement feels horrible, whether rotating or leaning. Didn't do anything terribly stressful physically today, so it's hard to identify a root cause. The only thing I can think of is that I had a mild oblique strain on my left side about a month ago that I can still feel some discomfort from on and off. Thoughts?

How old are you? I think a big part of it can just be your body's done growing, and now it's in starting to wear down mode. Louis CK has a great bit on this.

I'm 31, but I would say once I turned 27, I swear to you I would wake up, or just throughout the day, I'd have some random pain in my leg, or my arm, or my shoulder, or my back or my neck. And I'd be like "What the HELL is that?" and I'd kinda harp on it through the day cause it would randomly sting. I wondered what I did or thought of where I coulda tweaked something. But then either later in the day, or the next day, I'd wake up and the pain would be gone. Like it never even existed. In some instances I'd forget and a couple days later I'd be like, oh wow, that was hurting and now it don't. Huh.

I've learned to just deal with the pain as it comes, maybe take a couple Tylenol for the time being, and eventually it goes away. But keep in mind I'm also not very prone to pain, I've never broken a bone, or had a concussion even though my head's kept my body from getting real hurt about a half dozen times. I'm a little tubbyer than I've ever been and I'm not proud of it, but basically I'm in pretty decent shape, and I'm strong.

Pain comes and goes from things that happened last week or years ago, it's impossible to keep track or remember it all. Like I said before in this thread the best thing I've ever done to prevent or get rid of pain, is to not go the lazy route and do therapy or take pills (I know I mentioned Tylenol but that's a suggestion for others, I don't even have any) or get it checked out by someone who says you need to wear this thing, because that's not solving the problem, that covering it up with a band-aid or putting it off.

I go to the gym and stretch, and workout to build muscle to make my body stronger. You don't even have to go hard, just a couple lightweight exercises and stretches where I feel the pain typically does the trick. And don't forget those protein shakes after! I LIKE PROTEIN

20 minutes ago, cezero said:

I turned 40 last month. 

Fucking sucks. 

I still have almost all of my hair, and not much gray except in my beard, but I never grow it out. I eat well for the most part and stay pretty fit. So I don't really feel that old. But I still have random pains for no reason. There's the back thing I was talking about. And I keep a bucket and bag of ice on hand for when one of my limbs flares up for no reason, which has become a thing over the past few years.  

13 months for me.

Being responsible. Stopped a lot of bad habits the past couple years. Going to doc annually for check ups. Just had blood screen and physical. All groovy.

My back is feeling a lot better. Fortunately not much hereditary cancers or heart disease on either my dad's or mom's side. My dad had lymphoma but they don't believe it's a genetic thing. 

Both of my grandpas died of emphysema. Smoked 3 packs a day until the day they died.

On 9/11/2016 at 1:49 AM, CaliAngel said:

How old are you? I think a big part of it can just be your body's done growing, and now it's in starting to wear down mode. Louis CK has a great bit on this.

I'm 31, but I would say once I turned 27, I swear to you I would wake up, or just throughout the day, I'd have some random pain in my leg, or my arm, or my shoulder, or my back or my neck. And I'd be like "What the HELL is that?" and I'd kinda harp on it through the day cause it would randomly sting. I wondered what I did or thought of where I coulda tweaked something. But then either later in the day, or the next day, I'd wake up and the pain would be gone. Like it never even existed. In some instances I'd forget and a couple days later I'd be like, oh wow, that was hurting and now it don't. Huh.

I've learned to just deal with the pain as it comes, maybe take a couple Tylenol for the time being, and eventually it goes away. But keep in mind I'm also not very prone to pain, I've never broken a bone, or had a concussion even though my head's kept my body from getting real hurt about a half dozen times. I'm a little tubbyer than I've ever been and I'm not proud of it, but basically I'm in pretty decent shape, and I'm strong.

Pain comes and goes from things that happened last week or years ago, it's impossible to keep track or remember it all. Like I said before in this thread the best thing I've ever done to prevent or get rid of pain, is to not go the lazy route and do therapy or take pills (I know I mentioned Tylenol but that's a suggestion for others, I don't even have any) or get it checked out by someone who says you need to wear this thing, because that's not solving the problem, that covering it up with a band-aid or putting it off.

I go to the gym and stretch, and workout to build muscle to make my body stronger. You don't even have to go hard, just a couple lightweight exercises and stretches where I feel the pain typically does the trick. And don't forget those protein shakes after! I LIKE PROTEIN

26 is seriously the end of health and metabolism.