• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pokemon Go

~15 years ago I was the store manager of one of the highest volume GameStops in the country.  As you can imagine it was a pretty awful job dealing with all the gamers and fanboys.  There were the Playstation people that hated the Xbox and the Xbox people that hated the Playstation like Jets and Sharks.  

By far the worst were the Nintendo fanboys though and the worst of that group were the Pokemon fanboys.  Bunch of overgrown 12 year olds still living in their parents basement that would just sit in the store with their gameboys talking about the Pokemons they had, showing off their Zelda tattoo all while smelling like they hadn't had a shower in months.  They would show up by the hundreds when those Pokemon games came out, spending a hundred of their parents dollars on these games.  Their cash would be sweaty, wadded up and disgusting.

43 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I have an account. I have sent out a tweet once, and I have probably logged in five times in five years. I just don't see the point.

It is a way to bring information to you instead of having to go seek it.  Especially for news and sports headlines.

FSAjycT.png

5 minutes ago, nate said:

It is a way to bring information to you instead of having to go seek it.  Especially for news and sports headlines.

I realize the theoretical value of it. I simply don't want to go to the effort of following everyone who might have a scrap of information that I might be interested in. If I find out 20 minutes later than someone else, it's no big deal.

8 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I realize the theoretical value of it. I simply don't want to go to the effort of following everyone who might have a scrap of information that I might be interested in. If I find out 20 minutes later than someone else, it's no big deal.

psh, may as well give up your internet connection!

On 7/13/2016 at 2:55 PM, LooneyPlatoons said:

I think its a good excuse to get people to become more active.  Getting outside and walking around is a good thing, even if someone is staring down at their phone (hopefully they have common sense enough to look around).  It is pretty much like geocaching but for Pokemon.  I just hope I don't get rear ended by someone playing it and driving at the same time. 

Or shot. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36818384

2 hours ago, nate said:

i'll admit this part is true. i have a serious issue, however, with all the nonsense and dribble and coded messages. i think i might enjoy twitter more if i stopped following people and just kept it to sports and news. 

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'll admit this part is true. i have a serious issue, however, with all the nonsense and dribble and coded messages. i think i might enjoy twitter more if i stopped following people and just kept it to sports and news. 

Definitely.  I only follow a couple celebrities.  Mark Hamill, and a couple comedians.

3 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

You don't know what you're missing dude. Since the advent of Twitter everyone is more concerned with simply "being first" than fact checking or being correct. Who doesn't want to sign up for that in their life? It's like The National Enquirer, but in digital form for sports and entertainment.

was at one of our favorite little italian restaurants in north beach last night.

wife and i are drinking wine, talking, eating, just loving it.

next to us is a couple, the entire time they both say there each with their face buried on their phone playing pokemon go. they rarely talked, and when they did it was just about pokemon types.

pretty crazy. first time i'd ever seen someone playing the game.

I went to Costco yesterday, it is in a big shopping center... there were people everywhere on bikes or on foot with their phones up doing what I assumed was Pokemon.  Craziness.

I read today that they haven't even launched in Japan yet and Japan is the origin of Pokemon, they are crazy about it.  Nintendo is just raking in the $.