• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Here we go again

On an Air Force base the SPs guard the gates and the flight line areas, or wherever there may be classified or high value assets. The ones who write tickets are the LEs ( law enforcement). It's a separate branch of the security squadron. Since Andrews is where Air Force One is kept I'd imagine security there is ridiculously tight.

Aircraft munitions are highly accountable. Every round must be accounted for when a gun is unloaded. They don't want dipshits running around with 20 and 30 mm HEI rounds. 

8 minutes ago, nate said:

Since they are correlated you can't have one without the other.

Also, since most of these people end up killing themselves anyway, the likelihood that they get shot doesn't mean shit to them.  And your failure to control the flow of guns has resulted in more innocent lives and one worthless one.

How confident can you be in your position if you can't even answer a question?

Do I think attacks would increase with fewer people armed?  No, because the people carrying out the attacks don't give a shit about dying.

Do you think the attacks would decrease if fewer people had access to guns?

1 minute ago, nate said:

Do you think the attacks would decrease if fewer people had access to guns?

Strictly speaking I believe the number of violent attacks would go up significantly. While overall gun violence would go down perhaps, I'm not sure if the reduced mortality rates of violent attacks versus the increased number of these attacks would lead to fewer or more deaths overall.

I really however don't believe in the government's ability to place a prohibition on well, anything. Within a decade (or two perhaps) the increased popularity and availability of 3D printers will make the matter essentially moot regardless.

12 minutes ago, nate said:

Do I think attacks would increase with fewer people armed?  No, because the people carrying out the attacks don't give a shit about dying.

So it's your position that 100% of people who would potentially use firearms in violent crimes are indifferent to living or dying?

Are we suggesting that criminals are currently deterred by potentially armed "good guys" ?  That seems like quite a leap to me. 

Pretty much, Nate is saying that it would be more effective to make it more difficult for the crazies to have guns, then to imagine more armed people will make a difference.  The idea being, the bad guys will always shoot first and thus have the advantage.  Never mind the other issues associated with random people trying to intervene in a bad situation.  Its pretty reasonable IMO.  I freely admit tho, im not an advocate for guns and I don't believe in the idea that people are safer when armed.  

7 hours ago, arch stanton said:

On an Air Force base the SPs guard the gates and the flight line areas, or wherever there may be classified or high value assets. The ones who write tickets are the LEs ( law enforcement). It's a separate branch of the security squadron. Since Andrews is where Air Force One is kept I'd imagine security there is ridiculously tight.

Aircraft munitions are highly accountable. Every round must be accounted for when a gun is unloaded. They don't want dipshits running around with 20 and 30 mm HEI rounds. 

Yeah, i should have added that. Aside from the MPs, theres guards at the valuable stuff, armory etc. 

But to the non veterans, if youve never been on a military post, most of them are wayyyy larger than youd think. So Camp Pendleton for example, the infantry is pretty much way out on one side, with all the support types, all the non combat jobs, spread all the hell out througjout the rest of the base. So say some guy started shooting people at the main PX, assuming the infantry guys all had their rifles on them that day, theyre still miles down tbe road from mainside.

And like arch said, every round is accounted for. You could fake it on the range, shoot 5 rounds when you were supposed to shoot 6, but after youre done that day, everyone gets searched for ammo on their person (and the weapons get turned back in to the armory).

Not sure if it ever happened to you arch, but some dumbass always lost something in the field. Spare SAW barrel, night vision goggles, etc. Then EVERYBODY would stand in formation for hours until it was found...if youve never done it, standing at attention for longer than ten minutes sucks....5 hours will make you want to die on the spot. Doing nothing more than standing....

30 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yeah, i should have added that. Aside from the MPs, theres guards at the valuable stuff, armory etc. 

But to the non veterans, if youve never been on a military post, most of them are wayyyy larger than youd think. So Camp Pendleton for example, the infantry is pretty much way out on one side, with all the support types, all the non combat jobs, spread all the hell out througjout the rest of the base. So say some guy started shooting people at the main PX, assuming the infantry guys all had their rifles on them that day, theyre still miles down tbe road from mainside.

And like arch said, every round is accounted for. You could fake it on the range, shoot 5 rounds when you were supposed to shoot 6, but after youre done that day, everyone gets searched for ammo on their person (and the weapons get turned back in to the armory).

Not sure if it ever happened to you arch, but some dumbass always lost something in the field. Spare SAW barrel, night vision goggles, etc. Then EVERYBODY would stand in formation for hours until it was found...if youve never done it, standing at attention for longer than ten minutes sucks....5 hours will make you want to die on the spot. Doing nothing more than standing....

I've been searched because a jet came up short when the ammo was downloaded. I wasn't even involved with the download. Just doing some other work on that spot. 

As far as whether we might be safer if thy took away all the guns, it's not happening so I don't waste brainpower pondering it. Anyone whose agenda was actually making the public more safe would get past the ban narrative and work on solutions that are actually viable. 

This reminds me of a few stories...I used to work at McDonnell Douglas a long long time ago. They would run safety drills all the time, and in order to maintain some sense of realism they didn't always tell folks they were running a drill.

I can remember one time smoke started pouring out of one of the labs, fire department and haz mat teams rush on-site and they see someone near the smoke...so they grab the guy who starts ranting and raving...and they are hosing him down and going through haz mat procedures while he's yelling and screaming bloody murder. Turns out he was the special effects guy who was hired to set off the smoke bombs.

I remember another time, the team I worked on used to work above the chemical labs..which was always fun. I'm off doing some support in another building and I see dudes in space suits outside the building...building is taped off with hazard tape...and everyone is just milling around. I ask what's going on and they say tell me that they had spilled an unmarked bag of powder and when they went to look up the bag they accidently put the floppy disk in a mac instead of a pc...and then reformatted the disk so they had to treat it as a chemical spill...but they figured out it was just a non-toxic cleanser so they figured they would just run a drill. Great...can I go back to my office? Office they ask? Turns out they had completely forgot 50 people sat on the floor above the chemical lab...so I head back to my office where everyone is hunkered down and thinking they are going to die in some sort of haz mat spill...when someone tried to leave the office all the doors were taped off and nobody was answering calls in the security office (all of them at what is now a drill).

fun times

1 hour ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Here in Utah the teachers are armed. As well as students on college campuses. The state figured out that mass shooters usually ignore the gun free zone signs and being their guns anyway. 

I don't think there will be many school shootings here.

True

Then again, there's a guy in Utah suing the state so he can marry his laptop, so....

I was at a meeting at my boss' office (routine monthly meeting) when a member of the security detail told us that no one was to leave the building, and that it was sealed off. The A/C was shut off (this was July in Las Vegas, mind you). I looked out the window and saw the Hazmat team from the Las Vegas Fire Department. Some asshole had decided that it would be amusing to mail some white powder to the building in an envelope, and that set all of this off. This happened around the time when there were a lot of scares about anthrax and ricin. They had shut off the A/C to keep whatever was in the envelope from circulating around the building through the climate control system until they identified what the substance was (turned out to be harmless).