• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your picks on who gets traded.

12 minutes ago, wopphil said:

I'd move everyone, including Calhoun and Simmons for the right package. Why not? The team is going to suck for the foreseeable future, so might as well bring in some young talent and go full rebuild. 

I agree, Calhoun is one i'd be ok with them trading.

The trades will certainly make the 2017 team on pace for 90 to 100 losses, Heaney probally won't be the same his 1st year back.

So then they have Top5 picks in 2017 & 2018 drafts. The farm becomes hopefully completely restocked within a few years

Even though prospects will take long to develop, with a rebuilt farm system they could always trade them for star players & sign some good FAs in 2019 when more salary is off the books & keep Trout from leaving.

18 minutes ago, wopphil said:

I'd move everyone, including Calhoun and Simmons for the right package. Why not? The team is going to suck for the foreseeable future, so might as well bring in some young talent and go full rebuild. 

Agreed. It's time to dynamite this Girl Scout troop. Keep Trout and liquidate every asset possible. 

24 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Everyone but Trout.  It's too bad the MLB doesn't have a salary floor like the NHL.  We could even trade Hamilton if that was the case.

They really should, it would keep teams like Oakland, Tampa etc from just pocketing their profits.

If they didn't have a floor imagine the Coyotes lol. They are paying Pronger who was traded to them because of the salary floor.

1 hour ago, bloodbrother said:

Escobar and Smith

Agree.  

I think trading Calhoun or Simmons right now is premature.  I would trade Street, but it's hard to see a match as I don't really see any contenders needing a closer and Street has said he won't do anything but close.  I would also trade Santiago if you can get some decent value for him, but I don't think we will with the shape the rotation is in and what it could be in next year.  His value isn't as high as it cold be right now anyway.  

Everyone but Trout is on the table for the right price.  

27 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

What if Richards needs TJ surgery.

Would you consider releasing him because of his impending free agency in 2019?

If Richards and Heaney need surgery then yes, I'd sell Escobar and others. I'd even go about acquiring Wil Myers, not because I think we'd make the playoffs this year, but because it'd help us in the future, like how Texas acquired Hamels when everyone thought they'd be sellers.

And no, I'd never release Richards. Even if he only comes back for 2018, that still gives him time to help us, or be traded for prospects.

What I hope happens is everyone not named Trout gets traded. Simmons Calhoun Soto Cron everyone over the age of 26 gets traded including Pujols. What I think the idiot Angels will do is keep everyone and say lets try again next year. Because they have a horrible ownership and a guy who came from the Yankees who thinks lets just buy more people.

4 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

Weaver

Salas

Smith

Wilson

Nava

Gentry

You can't trade someone who is on the DL hahaha yes I wonder who the Angels will get for Wilson a guy who hasn't even pitched this year. I honestly forget what your motives sometimes and actually think you are a fan of this team and not just what you are TD. Winter is here.

8 minutes ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

If Richards and Heaney need surgery then yes, I'd sell Escobar and others. I'd even go about acquiring Wil Myers, not because I think we'd make the playoffs this year, but because it'd help us in the future, like how Texas acquired Hamels when everyone thought they'd be sellers.

And no, I'd never release Richards. Even if he only comes back for 2018, that still gives him time to help us, or be traded for prospects.

I doubt the Angels will release him but something to ponder. If his recovery time is anything like Skaggs (Aug 13th 2014) he may not be effective until mid 2018. It will cost the team roughly around $20M to see it through. Angels will have to try and extend him in 2018 or he'll become a free agent in 2019. 

I feel bad for Richards .., he has been through a run of bad luck health wise. I hope his non surgical method works.