• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your picks on who gets traded.

16 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

You can't trade someone who is on the DL hahaha yes I wonder who the Angels will get for Wilson a guy who hasn't even pitched this year. I honestly forget what your motives sometimes and actually think you are a fan of this team and not just what you are TD. Winter is here.

I wasn't serious... lighten up. 

20 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

You can't trade someone who is on the DL hahaha yes I wonder who the Angels will get for Wilson a guy who hasn't even pitched this year. I honestly forget what your motives sometimes and actually think you are a fan of this team and not just what you are TD. Winter is here.

If I'm not mistaken, Carl Crawford was traded while he was on the DL. 

My immediate trades are:

Street, Smith, Escobar, and Cron.  

Street, if he can back to resemble the closer the Angels have had the last season and a half, could bring back a decent prospect.  Same, to a lesser extent, with Smith.  BP pieces are definitely on a "wanted" list for GM's as the races heat up.  Just like the Angels picked up Grilli and Street in 2014, you are going to see these two draw similar interest.  

Escobar has been solid offensively but, unfortunately, is a middle infielder stuck at 3B out of necessity.  Even with his defensive deficiencies,  if this season had been any other season where the Angels were competing and Callapso/Freese were the alternatives, we'd be hanging on Escobar as he fills the lead-off role.  As we currently suck, and SF and NYM both have injuries, hopefully Eppler can use that as an opportunity to pilfer someone else minor leagues for a change.  

Cron is also one I'd like to get rid of but I honestly have zero idea about his marketability.  He does have legit power but has never utilized it to its potential and his fielding ineptness means he's pretty much an AL only option who are looking for potential DH power.  He's cheap and there is promise there so I wouldn't give him away but I would certainly let him go for a solid A+-AA prospect.

I'd like to trade Santiago but, unless he turns around his recent performance, he wouldn't yield much and it might be wiser for the Angels hang onto him to see if he can turn things around and maybe move him in the offseason.

Shoemaker is hot right now so it may be wise for them to explore trades with teams needing SP and try an maximize his current hot streak. 

Chacin, Weaver and Salas have ZERO value and are non-tender candidates as people become healthy.

I know there are others wanting to add Calhoun to this list but, if the Angels hope to compete in the next 2-3 years, they are going to need another dependable bat besides Trout.  Unless the Angels are blown away, they shouldn't move him.

On 6/26/2016 at 6:09 PM, Chuckster70 said:

Let's hope Calhoun, Escobar, Simmons, Smith and Soto have a good month of July. 

I'm down to trade them all.

That said, I'd be content of we kept Calhoun, Escobar and Simmons if Arte opened his bank account after this season to acquire a legit LF and other missing parts.

The problem is that the window for the last part slammed shut last winter. This upcoming outfielder class contains such immortals as Nate McClouth, Gregor Blanco and David DeJesus. If we want a reunion party, it also includes Peter Bourjos, Mike Napoli and Mark Trumbo. We could shore up the bullpen with Jonathan Papelbon.

Compared to the last group, this free agent group sucks. Lots of washed up players and guys in their late 30s.