• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jett Bandy

4 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I agree with the former for sure.  Not sure about the latter.  He's probably going to be mediocre at the plate with very good defense.  

That could work. If we ever solve LF, 2B and the 1B/DH problem. 

Mathis gets a lot of hate on here, but i think he stuck out so bad because he played on some poor offense angel teams and we had napoli at the same time. If he could have been hidden in a good lineup, he probably would have been more praised for his defense.

Perez got off to a great start with the bat last year.....he then slumped before finishing pretty strong...so let's wait awhile before we crown Bandy the next big thing....that said, both Bandy and Perez appear to be good defensively....if either or both can hit a little (hopefully both, having 2 catchers is a good thing), we have one less position to worry about....

8 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I agree with the former for sure.  Not sure about the latter.  He's probably going to be mediocre at the plate with very good defense.  

I was probably over exaggerating a little. But he has not looked a tiny bit phased by major league pitchers, he looks confident.

I could see .270/.320/.430 or so from him. That's damn good for us.

17 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

....I could see .270/.320/.430 or so from him. That's damn good for us.

A lot of folks, me included, thought Perez might be a decent hitter after last year.....I also was a little pumped about Ortega earlier this year...sample size and all that stuff.....

I think Bandy becomes a boring and unspectacular but a useful backup catcher. He's got a pretty good idea of what he's doing at the plate but I think his long swing limits his potential a bit. Pretty nice defender behind the plate although I think Perez eventually is the better defender between the 2.

It was mentioned above but you definitely have to consider sending Perez down when Soto comes back. Bandy has earned some playing time. 

11 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

That could work. If we ever solve LF, 2B and the 1B/DH problem. 

Mathis gets a lot of hate on here, but i think he stuck out so bad because he played on some poor offense angel teams and we had napoli at the same time. If he could have been hidden in a good lineup, he probably would have been more praised for his defense.

Catchers generally take a while for their offense to manifest itself anyway. Look at Yadi Molina. If Bandy's arc resembles Yadier's, that would be fine.