• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2002 team question

Torridd

3 hours ago, Torridd said:

I'd really appreciate if anyone could tell me where I could find the data when the team won like 19 0f 21 games during August or August into September. I'd love to see those boxscores.

Google "Angels 2002 box scores". Click on 2002 Anaheim Angels Schedule by Baseball Almanac. Streak started with Game 21.  Click on date 04-24-2002. That will bring up the box score. Hope this helps.

15 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I still think to this day, that race with oakland is what won us the postseason. They were in the playoffs for two months before they got there

I also thi k things could have been different if we faced oakland in the playoffs. Not saying they would have beat us, but im not totally sure we would have beaten them.

That Angel team was not going to be stopped.

4 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Little known fact: 

The Angels started 6-14 that year.  No one really remembers that on this site

I remember it very well. One of the most excruciating of those losses was a 1-0 game in Seattle where I believe we had the tying run on third base in two of the late innings.