• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This team reflects their leader

nate

I agree with you that it has happened but it happening is the exception and not the rule.

Actually I would believe it's a very small minority.  Managers, coaches, and players just don't suddenly change in that regard.  Their skills may diminish, but rarely their fire to achieve.

Folks, Scioscia just didn't suddenly "lose it."  The guy has been and always will be achievement motivated.  I know you would like to believe that he's working some second agenda, but that's just some silly convenient answer to justify change.  The only argument that flies with me is that the players don't get the "message", and someone has to explain things a little differently to them.  There is no way you can effectively threaten the players short of trading them.  But Scioscia just suddenly become unmotivated, he has way, way too much pride in his career.  He's a high achievement, highly goal oriented manager who exercises a great deal of control in a professional manner.  That's why he's respected throughout the baseball community.

The "fat" and "eating" references are silly and disrespectful.  Trying to manage this pack at the moment most managers would either be drunk most of the time or on drugs.  If the poor performance levels continue changes will be made soon enough.  I wouldn't expect a highly charged Kirk Gibson type manager to take over, I think this organization doesn't fit that style.  If Scioscia goes, don't expect much improvement, the problems go way beyond what Mike can control.  That's why if changes are made you should be prepared for a clean sweep of the entire organization.  And before you do any replacing, you better have a darn good replacement manager, GM, coach whatever in place. 

You can pick away at manager moves all night, for any team and any manager.  That is so darn easy to do, when things go wrong the "other" answer is always the right one as far as the fans are concerned. 

So, saying something about being "fat" and "eating" is disresprectful, but references to someone having a horseface is perfectly cool. Got it.

Lackey?  Lackey couldn't motivate a baseball player, maybe a filly in a field somewhere, neigh.

any player on this team would consider getting traded a blessing

Except nobody is going to want any player on this team because they are a big part of the problems here. Weaver, Trumbo, Howie, and Bourjos have the character and commitment to fulfill their obligations. Weaver already proved his character with his last contract signing.

Scoiscia and his coaches deserve plenty of blame, but I am not letting players off the hook here.  No team, particularly the good teams, would be interested in any of the goods we have, and why would they?

But why does that make one okay but not the other?

(For the record, I think both are occasionally overdone, but as a whole, whatever.)

I'm not sure what you mean by okay.  My point was that Angels FO personell read this forum, at least be somewhat respectful of the man at the helm.  Say his moves are horrible, say his line-ups suck, say he isn't getting through to the players anymore. 

I'm not sure what you mean by okay.  My point was that Angels FO personell read this forum, at least be somewhat respectful of the man at the helm.  Say his moves are horrible, say his line-ups suck, say he isn't getting through to the players anymore. 

We don't owe front office personnel anything. 

We don't owe front office personnel anything. 

You may not feel that way, but many fans who went to spring training and get to listen to Arte, players and Tim Meade may.

Keep with the fat jokes, they just make it seem like whoever makes them have nothing of real value to add anyways.

You may not feel that way, but many fans who went to spring training and get to listen to Arte, players and Tim Meade may.

Keep with the fat jokes, they just make it seem like whoever makes them have nothing of real value to add anyways.

Why would they feel that way?

I am reading about comments that may offend front office personnel, one by an guy whose avatar is a monkey melded onto Scioscia's face.

I come here to be entertained.  Be that discussion, fat jokes, or a monkeyface Scioscia avatar. 

This site does a better job entertaining me than the team does.  I don't want it to change.

I'm not sure what you mean by okay. My point was that Angels FO personell read this forum, at least be somewhat respectful of the man at the helm. Say his moves are horrible, say his line-ups suck, say he isn't getting through to the players anymore.

I'm more confused at the fact that someone makes fun of Lackey because of the way his face looks. He was born with that grill and other than cosmetic surgery he can't do anything about it.

Scioscia on the other hand is a fatass because he chooses to be a fatass. He obviously doesn't have a well balanced diet or an intense exercise program. I don't feel sorry for him because people make fun of his weight. If he cared he wouldn't choose to allow his body to turn into what it has become.

I didn't say I felt sorry for him.  I couldn't care less and I'm sure he couldn't either.

I just think it makes this site look bad.  Like I said, post what you will, but personal insults say you've got nothing else to offer.

Makes the site look bad to who?

One is on the Angels and one isn't.

Not too hard to understand. 

It really doesn't matter. If someone thinks that fat jokes (a condition that is likely within a person's control) are disrespectful should also think that jokes about one's outward appearance (which, in Lackey's case, is not within his control) are also disrespectful. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of being OK with one and not the other.

I have no problem with jokes about either, but if I did, I would have a problem with both.

Let's face it, Scioscia, at least during games, is very sedentary. That doesn't bode well for not being the butt of fat jokes.