• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2016 Offseason Moves around the NHL

gotbeer

9 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

If the Angels owned the Ducks.  We would not have given qualifying offers to our RFA's.  And would off Stamkos 8 years $15 million just to make a splash. 

and they'd be currently paying Brad Richards & Illya Bryzgalovk alot of money to not be playing for them.

Angels would have fired scouting director Madden & Madden becomes GM of Vegas & in a few years time he turns that franchise around with quality drafts.

They also wouldn't do firesales when the time comes, they'd turn into the NJ Devils & keep thinking their just 1 player away (NJ should have tanked for Matthews since they don't have a farm system & outlook is quite grim like the Angels).

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Predators Sign Forsberg to a Six-Year, $36 Million Contract

Is he really worth that much and that long of a deal?  He was an RFA, and they gave him that?  Personally I think it's an overpay, and bad news for the Ducks signing Lindholm. 

i think it's way worth it, he's awesome. although he was invisible in the playoffs.

the crazy part - how the f*ck did they sign josi for 7 years, $4m??

A "Wow!", A "Huh?" & a "Hmmm" : Weber for Subban, Hall for Larsson, Stamkos

The Predators have traded Shea Weber to the Montreal Canadiens for P.K. Subban. Wow!

The Oilers have traded Taylor Hall to the Devils for Adam Larsson. Huh? Very puzzling trade from the Edmonton side. Larsson was once seen as a future franchise defenseman along the Victor Hedman lines but has not come anywhere close to that so far in his career. I am hearing, though, that this trade could make more sense soon because the Oilers aren't done yet.

Hmmmm: Steven Stamkos has decided not to test unrestricted free agency and will re-sign with Tampa Bay.

Stamkos deal is 8.5 for 8 years...he obviously wanted to stay in Tampa.

2 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

TBL are paying Stamkos less than the Kings are paying Kopitar. LOL

I read somewhere that when you factor in no income tax in Florida, it makes a big difference (But I thought it was like 10%).  So it does seem like he is taking a bit of a discount to stay.