• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 6/6 Angels at Yankees

Shoe has earned his way into pitching out of jams with how he has pitched recently. And twice someone has come in and given up all his inherited runners in the last 4 games. I would be pissed if I were him. Even if he was gassed and a move to the bullpen was necessary pick anyone besides Alvarez. Santiago to the pen and Alvarez so AA. I can't watch that guy ruin close games anymore. I just can't

8 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

Terrible pitching, terrible bullpen, terrible offense, terrible game. Not sure why Scioscia was having trout play so deep in the eighth inning when Elsberry was up to bat 

Its called a no doubles defense ... he still should of caught it IMO. 

Two starts ago the exact same happened with Shoe. They took him out and the inherited runners scored. Last start Alvarez came into a 2-0 game and turned it into a 3-0 game. Yesterday Pujols saved us but Alvarez game them a run that made it 4-1. Why the fuck is he coming into close games? And at what point does a starter have more trust than a reliever?

6 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

Two starts ago the exact same happened with Shoe. They took him out and the inherited runners scored. Last start Alvarez came into a 2-0 game and turned it into a 3-0 game. Yesterday Pujols saved us but Alvarez game them a run that made it 4-1. Why the fuck is he coming into close games? And at what point does a starter have more trust than a reliever?

Pitch count maybe 

42 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

If Trout dives for that ball it's 4-2 if he misses it. Angels still had a chance to get out of it. It's not an easy play diving for a ball coming straight at you. You guys act like he should make miracle plays all the time 

He wouldn't have had to dive.  He slowed down and put his glove up to pretend to catch it to throw off a runner with two outs.  He was less than two strides from the ball when it hit the ground, and that's after slowing down. 

55 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

If Trout dives for that ball it's 4-2 if he misses it. Angels still had a chance to get out of it. It's not an easy play diving for a ball coming straight at you. You guys act like he should make miracle plays all the time 

It wasn't a miracle play ... by any standard. I'm not blaming Trout for the loss. That's a ball he can get ... he'll be the first to tell you so. You're blaming Scioscia for the loss which is comical. 

I'm old fashion ... I still buy into the notion that you win as a team and lose as a team.

23 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He wouldn't have had to dive.  He slowed down and put his glove up to pretend to catch it to throw off a runner with two outs.  He was less than two strides from the ball when it hit the ground, and that's after slowing down. 

With two outs, you run on contact. The only player that was fooled on the play was Trout himself.

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

you're trying to turn beltran around.  he's better lhed so do you let Joe Smith go vs. a lefty in this yard?  It's all shit dude.  

I certainly get your point and reluctantly agree, but it seems like when I'm tuned in and Alvarez is pitching things don't go very well.  

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

Agreed

16 hours ago, OregonLAA said:

WHY THE FUCK DOES SCIOSCIA GO TO ALVAREZ??????????? I DON"T FUCKING GET IT!!! It's always when the game is tied or close. Holy fucking shit it's so god damn frustrating. Eppler needs to send his ass packing so Scioscia can't pull this shit anymore

Trout shouldn't have played that ball on the bounce. It is plays like that, that gives him a dWAR of.1. With just a little more effort, the Angels are out of the inning with no damage and Shoemaker is still pitching in the ninth.