• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

All time Angels lineup

4 hours ago, Oz27 said:

Is reading comprehension not your strong point? I never said I didn't. I was responding to the OP who had GA in but had left the ones I mentioned out.

i wasnt refering to you.  a xouple of people dod not have vladdy and i was making the point that he shoukd be there.

You know i have come to the opnion that your the biggest douche i have ever come across on this board.  i am sure you may feel the same about me.  do lets try to make this board enjoable fir both and just ignore each other.  because i get the urge to tell you to f off every time you respond to me.

2 hours ago, greginpsca said:

Carew was not that good as an Angel. I would take Erstad @1sb.  Bobby Knoop was the best defensive 2b, but Grich better overall. Fregosi @ ss . Decinces @3rd. Glaus a close 2nd.

Boone was the best catcher, Bengie Molina backup. Dh is Baylor over Chili  only because of Baylors MVP year.  Trout and Vlad on the outfield. 3rd OF spot, take your pick of Salmon, GA, Edmonds, Torii, Lynn.

SP Chance, Ryan, Tanana, Finley,Weaver.

Pen. Bob Lee, Percy, KRod,Harvey, Shields, Minnie Rojas.

with Angels

Erstad 286BA. 341 OB% 756OPS

Carew 334BA  393OB%  784OPS

Carews numbers for the Halos are down in comparison to what he did in MN.  However his numbers are better than Erstad.  and Ersty played in the steriod era.  Unless you want to give it to Ersty for defense it has to be Carew.

On 6/4/2016 at 6:25 PM, Oz27 said:

Is GA an obvious starter? If we're not going by outfield position and just sticking three outfielders in, Edmonds, Salmon and Hunter were all pretty damn good.

I think it has to be Glaus at 3B too.

i re-read this after your post.  i may have reading comprehension problems because its seems pretty clear you were advicating Edmonds, Salmon, and Hunter.  

where am i wrong?

3 minutes ago, stormngt said:

i re-read this after your post.  i may have reading comprehension problems because its seems pretty clear you were advicating Edmonds, Salmon, and Hunter.  

where am i wrong?

Read the OP's post. Vladdy was already listed as a starter. 

Oz was saying that perhaps Edmonds, Salmon and Hunter would be better options over GA, who was listed as a starter in the OP's post.

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

with Angels

Erstad 286BA. 341 OB% 756OPS

Carew 334BA  393OB%  784OPS

Carews numbers for the Halos are down in comparison to what he did in MN.  However his numbers are better than Erstad.  and Ersty played in the steriod era.  Unless you want to give it to Ersty for defense it has to be Carew.

Erstad was the best defensive 1stbman  in Angels history. Which is why i gave it to him.

53 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

Erstad was the best defensive 1stbman  in Angels history. Which is why i gave it to him.

He was also an incredible LF and CF. I like Wally Joyner's second season for 1B and he was damn good defensively too.

Ersty's best offensive season was in 2000, playing the OF.

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Oz was saying that perhaps Edmonds, Salmon and Hunter would be better options over GA, who was listed as a starter in the OP's post.

Yep. I didn't think it was that complicated.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

As for outfield depth, If we are going by best years it would have to be Erstad > Edmonds > GA > Hunter 

That is true. The fairer way to do it is by overall performance with the Angels though, right? If so you would have the other three ahead of Erstad for sure.

On 6/4/2016 at 6:25 PM, Oz27 said:

Is GA an obvious starter? If we're not going by outfield position and just sticking three outfielders in, Edmonds, Salmon and Hunter were all pretty damn good.

I think it has to be Glaus at 3B too.

14 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I really wasn't referring to him when I made my comment about Vladdy should be in any ligament list of starters. Therefore, this really isn't a big deal.  But if i am wrong I want to know why and admit it. Its bugging the hell out of me.

Where does he say Vladdy as a starter?

The outfield has to be Tim Salmon, Mike Trout and Vlad Geurrero.  Garret Anderson deserves consideration.

Around the horn it's Rod Carew, Howie Kendrick Jim Fregosi and Troy Glaus. An argument can certainly be made for Albert Pujols.

Four-fifths of my starting rotation will include Dean Chance, Nolan Ryan, Chuck Finley and Jered Weaver.

The bullpen starts with Troy Percival and Frankie Rodriquez.

The catchers are Brian Downing and Mike Napoli.

Don Baylor is the designated hitter.

2 hours ago, John Stellman said:

The outfield has to be Tim Salmon, Mike Trout and Vlad Geurrero.  Garret Anderson deserves consideration.

Around the horn it's Rod Carew, Howie Kendrick Jim Fregosi and Troy Glaus. An argument can certainly be made for Albert Pujols.

Four-fifths of my starting rotation will include Dean Chance, Nolan Ryan, Chuck Finley and Jered Weaver.

The bullpen starts with Troy Percival and Frankie Rodriquez.

The catchers are Brian Downing and Mike Napoli.

Don Baylor is the designated hitter.

No way has Howie been the best 2bman. Downing and Napoli were never very good catchers. Downing threw his arm out when still with the White Sox,  I can not see any argument in favor of Pujols

On 6/5/2016 at 10:27 AM, Angel Oracle said:

Carew, Grich, Fregosi, Glaus, Salmon, Trout, Vlad, Boone, Baylor

Ryan, Finley, Weave, Lackey, Witt

K-Rod, Percy, Shields, Harvey, B. Lee, Tatum, Rojas

Palmeiro, Rettenmund, Wooten, Hudler

The 2000-2005 coaching staff: Scioscia, Maddon, Black, Roenicke, Griffin

No Love for RUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudi~    ?

1B - Hubie Brooks

2B - Dave Chalk

SS - Jimmy Anderson

3B - George Arias

C - Jeff Mathis

LF - Luis Polonia

CF - Ruben Amaro JR

RF - Von Hayes

DH - Daryl Scoiners

SP: Chris Knapp, Ken Brett, Dick Lange, Shawn Boskie, Omar Olivares

Blowpen: Luis Sanchez, Frank LaCorte, John D'Aquisto, Mike Fetters, Greg Gohr, Mike Holtz

Bench: Danny Goodwin, Mike Miley, Tom Donohue, Chad Curtis, Rance Mulliniks

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I still think lackey needs to be in the mix, personally. Chuck mentioned best year, so that changes things. But lackey in terms of angel career is one of the best we ever had.

Yeah this isn't favorites or tenure, just best year vs. other teams players best years. 

I know the Yankees would crush, but I like our chances.

8 hours ago, greginpsca said:

I can not see any argument in favor of Pujols

Best WAR year with the team.

Pujols 2012: 30 HR / 105 RBI / .285 / .343 / .516 / 4.8 WAR  (50 doubles)

Carew 1982: 3 HR / 44 RBI / .319 / .396 / .403 / 4.7 WAR

Joyner 1987: 34 HR / 117 RBI / .285 / .366 / .528 / 4.1 WAR

4 hours ago, Rico said:

Best WAR year with the team.

Pujols 2012: 30 HR / 105 RBI / .285 / .343 / .516 / 4.8 WAR  (50 doubles)

Carew 1982: 3 HR / 44 RBI / .319 / .396 / .403 / 4.7 WAR

Joyner 1987: 34 HR / 117 RBI / .285 / .366 / .528 / 4.1 WAR

Carew was an RBI machine. My friends used to call him 4-0-2-0. No runs. No ribbies.