• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cron deserves to be benched!!!

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

haha, we sign a guy for a quarter billion dollars, who is expected to be the face of the franchise, and his nuthuggers are trumpeting the fact that his WAR is barely better than Cole Frigging Calhoun.

Goes back to my original post.  The animosity towards Pujols is because of his salary.  Take salary out of the evaluation and it's hard not to accept that Albert is the teams second best player.

Yes I know as a hater you can't ignore his salary. But I have come to accept it was a poor signing.  It doesn't take away the fact that Pujols is our second most productive player.

3 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Goes back to my original post.  The animosity towards Pujols is because of his salary.  Take salary out of the evaluation and it's hard not to accept that Albert is the teams second best player.

Yes I know as a hater you can't ignore his salary. But I have come to accept it was a poor signing.  It doesn't take away the fact that Pujols is our second most productive player.

He isn't a hater, he is just a guy that hates free agency.  I think it was in this thread he said he hated the Carew, Decinces and Reggie era, which was a great era for the Angels despite the fact that they didn't win it all.  Because he hates free agency, he was jaded to believe that a guy like Decinces did his best work before he came to the Angels, which isn't close to true.  He was a valuable player for us, as were the other two.  YK just likes his teams built differently.  I don't agree with it, but it is what it is.  Because he doesn't like it, he won't see it as anything other than a failure when the guy getting paid that much doesn't perform like a guy that gets paid that much, and even then if they don't win it all, it was a waste of time and money.  I find it strange because yk doesn't like Arte, so I don't get why he cares that he is spending money on Albert. 

On May 30, 2016 at 9:37 AM, Stradling said:

Claude is awesome, but when it comes to Albert he is R.Munkey, which is a very bad thing to be.  He has to know he is being unreasonable because when called out for being wrong, he will pick a stat where someone like Cron is performing better than Albert or he will key in on a word like "value" and reply about that.  

I appreciate you defending Pujols and I agree with you but you were banging on him pretty hard not that long ago. 

You have to take money already spent out of the equation guys. Pujols is still a important bat in the lineup and batting were he should be at the 4 spot. 

2 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I appreciate you defending Pujols and I agree with you but you were banging on him pretty hard not that long ago. 

You have to take money already spent out of the equation guys. Pujols is still a important bat in the lineup and batting were he should be at the 4 spot. 

I just said Albert should be dropped in the line up if we had players around him that supported a move like that.  My knock on Albert is he should take what the defense gives him, which is the ENTIRE right side of the infield.  If they pitch you outside, then hit the ball through the right side, something he did the first 10 years of his career. 

I don't care about the money, but the last thing you want to do when arguing Albert is take the money ALREADY spent out of the equation.  He has earned his contract so far, unfortunately going forward, with it being such a back loaded deal, he will not earn it with stats. 

30 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

That is exactly what I have been trying to say.  In hindsight signing Pujols was a mistake.  It has made me reconsider the importance of big contract guys.  But the money is spent and Pujols is probably the second best offensive threat in the lineup.

History has taught me to be leery of massive long term contacts like Pujols.  I still believe smart free agent moves are necessary but signing ten year contracts are usually mistakes.

The only person I would advocate a 10 year contract would be Trout.  And that is because he is already an Angel.

23 hours ago, Oz27 said:

Practically the same thing.

Maicer Izturis will always be our ultimate funny cleanup hitter but Cron isn't far behind.

Even though weird circumstances, nothing will ever be as weird as Williamsport Willits batting cleanup halfway through game 3 of the 2007 ALDS, after GA left the game with pink eye.  

2 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Well, first of all, let me start by saying, you're wrong.

I said that Kole has been better than Albert going on a third year now, meaning that this will be the third year. I'll make it easier so there is no confusion. I'm comparing their years in 2014, 2015, and this year, when Kole started playing full time.

Albert Pujols WAR, according to fangraphs:

2014 - 2.9

2015 -2.0

This year - 0.0

Kole Calhoun WAR according to fangraphs:

2014- 3.7

2015 - 3.8

This year - 1.1

Also, I want to note that in 2014, Calhoun had a higher WAR than Pujols while playing 30 less games because Scioscia was really smart and platooned him for a while. So according to fangraphs WAR, which is the best way to gauge a players overall value to a team, Calhoun was absolutely was better in 2014. And the 2015. And currently this year.

Those WAR numbers aren't that close, and I'm sure most people would say with confidence that Calhoun has been our second best baseball player the past 2+ years. Is Albert a better homerun hitter? Yes. Overall player, no.

I got my stats from espn.  Go look them up.  And quit playing legalese.  You were not referring to this year.  If you were your an idiot for making a decisive statement for only 1/4 of a season.

Argue all you want.  It is not decisively clear that Kole is a better player.