• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rangers getting new retractable roof park

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Angels stadium is not dilapidated. It is old, it is not at the standards that the newer stadiums are but it still is a clean and practical stadium with good sight lines for watching a baseball game.

Oakland is a dump.

Last year when we had the rained out game, there was sewage spilling up out of the drain in the middle of the concourse. There were flooded areas everywhere.

Yeah, I'll agree the Oakland sucks, but that never happened any of the times I've been there.

3 minutes ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

Last year when we had the rained out game, there was sewage spilling up out of the drain in the middle of the concourse. There were flooded areas everywhere.

Yeah, I'll agree the Oakland sucks, but that never happened any of the times I've been there.

Are you trying to say that the Oakland Coliseum has never had sewage problems?

1 hour ago, Lawrence said:

Are you trying to say that the Oakland Coliseum has never had sewage problems?

I'm trying to say that Angel Stadium has sewage problems, among other issues.  Oakland Coliseum, they have problems with an overabundance of people with neck and face tattoos. 

4 hours ago, rallycat said:

I remember reading about some city in Texas financing a $22M High School football stadium. 

$63 million.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/12/sports/high-school-football-stadium-texas-63-million.html?_r=0

Of course being Texas and being for three different schools it may well pay for itself eventually.

7 hours ago, Lawrence said:

When the Ballpark at Arlington the cost of a retractable roof was seen as prohibitive and the technology of such beasts was nowhere near as advanced as it is today. As such, the choice to eschew a roof was understandable, even if has led to a couple of decades of Rangers fans sweltering in sometimes dangerous heat.

Doesn't anyone ever proof read their articles anymore? 

If they hadn't seen fit to raise the height of the outer wall to hide the lack of an interesting view outside the ballpark, it might have been a lot more tolerable. I went to a game there in July the year that the park opened, and it was oppressive.

2 hours ago, maximus p said:

Or not.  The world can live with less Texans.

Not really. Texas is great break into a house in Texas you're gonna get shot break into a house in California and you've just won a law suit the home owner needs to pay you for breaking your hand on the glass. 

8 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Not really. Texas is great break into a house in Texas you're gonna get shot break into a house in California and you've just won a law suit the home owner needs to pay you for breaking your hand on the glass. 

Go hunting with the Vice President in Texas and you're gonna get shot and have to apologize to him.

14 minutes ago, SoToSpeaks said:

Who sits in the top deck??

those Texas fatties need the exercise. 

I had a group of five for Rangers opening day against the Angels the year we signed Hamilton, tickets were through the roof expensive.  It was an interesting day.  Next day we had seats field level even with 3rd base for about half the cost.  

23 hours ago, Thomas said:

$63 million.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/12/sports/high-school-football-stadium-texas-63-million.html?_r=0

Of course being Texas and being for three different schools it may well pay for itself eventually.

I live about 7 miles from the stadium in Allen. It's amazing but they had to close it down for awhile because the concrete was screwed up and cracks started appearing. I haven't seen the inside because i don't give two shits about high school sports.