• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

"I put HGH in my cereal" - Lenny Dykstra

lenny dykstra gives voice to one of my absolute biggest annoyances. i want to punch a guy in his face when he excuses lack of personal character as practicality. 

"what? are you gonna let the guy next to you take the 30 million dollar contract?" 

"it's the difference between 30 million bucks and a real job for 60 grand!"

in all seriousness and with full sincerity, fuck you lenny and all the cheating bastards like you, who stood by and allowed the game and it's history to be rendered near meaningless because you chased only the contract dollar and stood silently complicit, rather than have the slightest ounce of courage.

the steroid era didn't have to happen. it wasn't a foregone conclusion. players like dyksta are more complicit than selig, because as the players are so ready to tell us, we're not welcome in the clubhouse.

55 minutes ago, ukyah said:

lenny dykstra gives voice to one of my absolute biggest annoyances. i want to punch a guy in his face when he excuses lack of personal character as practicality. 

"what? are you gonna let the guy next to you take the 30 million dollar contract?" 

"it's the difference between 30 million bucks and a real job for 60 grand!"

in all seriousness and with full sincerity, fuck you lenny and all the cheating bastards like you, who stood by and allowed the game and it's history to be rendered near meaningless because you chased only the contract dollar and stood silently complicit, rather than have the slightest ounce of courage.

the steroid era didn't have to happen. it wasn't a foregone conclusion. players like dyksta are more complicit than selig, because as the players are so ready to tell us, we're not welcome in the clubhouse.

I don't understand your comment the Steroid era had to happen? Yes it did and do you not realize that a majority of athletes in every profession sport are using some sort of performance enhancer. Most likely illegal, and have been probably since the 1960s or before. Go watch Bigger Faster Stronger on Netflix its a documentary on steroid use. It will blow your mind.

We're talking about the difference of making $30 million or getting a real job and working and making $60,000.

Dykstra is bankrupt so it really didn't matter what he did, you can't inject your way out of stupid. He has a long list of arrests and felony convictions. This guy is pond scum.

14 hours ago, Kevinb said:

I don't understand your comment the Steroid era had to happen? Yes it did and do you not realize that a majority of athletes in every profession sport are using some sort of performance enhancer. Most likely illegal, and have been probably since the 1960s or before. Go watch Bigger Faster Stronger on Netflix its a documentary on steroid use. It will blow your mind.

no, it didn't have to happen. people take documentaries as fact, when they should remember that they are intended as entertainment, and not a history lesson. all documentarians are telling a story. a story that they want you to be entertained by, not necessarily informed by. they shouldn't be your source for an informed opinion.

as far as my realizing the impact of performance enhancing drugs and where they can be found in the world of sport. i'll just say, i know some professional athletes in a variety of sports, including olympians. so my opinion is informed by people actually competing in their respective events and the impact of PED's on their personal/professional lives. 

for example, i know a guy who was ranked number 3 in the shotput and he claimed the first two above him were using ped's, can you imagine the temptation he felt and the frustration at being ranked below them?

i stand by my original post 100%.

Of course the top 2 are doing something. No offense but probably so is your friend. At least he's prob tried it. Steroids and performance enhancers are everywhere in society. Watch the documentary. I know what it is. And the guys view point is he doesn't use steroids and he wants to know why others do. It's fairly interesting documentary. But back to original thought. Performance enhancers are making athletes and people better. Tommy John surgery fixes and sometimes people get better. He'll look at Colon he just magically reappeared dude got surgery took stuff and is awesome at what 60? Bonds was a physical specimen and took baseball to its absolute peak playing performance. Dude put on an absolute show. The guy was a total Axum bag as a human being but. Look at his last year in baseball he could play until he was 50 or more. The reason baseball contracts are what they are today is based solely on what happened in the steroid era. It saved baseball. No one in their right mind before steroids era would pay a pujols at 42 years old 30 mil a year hut because bonds and the steroid era happened people think hell why not. They can still perform amazing at 40. In real life that stuff doesn't happen a 28 to 32 year old will routinely destroy a 40 year old based purely on their physical gifts but we have performance enhancers that keep us living longer stronger.