• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

"Vernon Wells Back To Form"

Seems kind of similar to Bourjos. Apparently, if they're in the lineup everyday, they are better players.

Good point.

Bourjos is playing way better than Vernon ever would have in Anaheim, regular playing time or not. Homers in new Yankee Stadium die on the warning track on the west coast. 

Wells got regular playing time in 2011 and still sucked. Then once he started 2012 with exactly the same numbers as 2011, he lost his starting job. Can't blame Scioscia for not giving him a chance.

After his excellent 2011, Bourjos should have had more of a chance last year to get in a rhythm, but the simple fact was that Trumbo and Morales were more productive and there were regular starts for all three.

Wells didn't lose any starting time last season until he injured his thumb sliding into second on May 20th in San Diego. Trumbo was DH and then covered for Hunter when Torii left the team for two weeks to take care of his son's arrest. When Wells came back in late July Trumbo had become the left fielder and was just starting into his post All Star slump and Wells again got more playing time.  

Wells got regular playing time in 2011 and still sucked. Then once he started 2012 with exactly the same numbers as 2011, he lost his starting job. Can't blame Scioscia for not giving him a chance.

After his excellent 2011, Bourjos should have had more of a chance last year to get in a rhythm, but the simple fact was that Trumbo and Morales were more productive and there were regular starts for all three.

PB got screwed by circumstances last year.  He should have been given a longer chance to snap out of the slump.  However, the team was struggling to score runs, they didn't have a lead off hitter and Trout was better.  I don't blame Scioscia for that either.  However, I do blame Scioscia for the platooning in the first month in order to get Abreu some playing time.

My two cents on Wells. I always thought he was a pretty good player. However, not even close to the value the Angels paid him. He is injury prone and that's always a risk. He is streaky too and always seems to get hurt after a sustained hot streak.

I thought he carried himself with class in Anaheim despite the venom being delivered his way for lack of performance. I wish him no ill will and glad he is "coming back" in a new environement. Shame on us for that contract many years back!