• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is this worth keeping Trout in an Angels uni?

The bigger question is in 3-4 years if the Angels are still struggling will Trout still want to be an Angel? I think the next 2 years will tell. Trout wants to win championships, World Series and if the Angels don't bring in players to help him then he will walk to the best team he feels can win it all.

So the plan should be to let Weaver/Wilson leave, talk Pujols into retirement, look to get the best pen, and then find a good lefty hitting left fielder. We might have a very good rotation with the current young pitchers so money should go to better offense and defense.

6+ years without a single playoff W, a major league team full of holes, the worst minor league system in the bigs, and a maxed out payroll with tens of millions committee to either underperforming players or guys not even on the team.

And the fans don't won't to trade a guy because one day he might wear our hat into the hall of fame.

This is why people think the Angels and their fans are a joke.

6+ years without a single playoff W, a major league team full of holes, the worst minor league system in the bigs, and a maxed out payroll with tens of millions committee to either underperforming players or guys not even on the team.

And the fans don't won't to trade a guy because one day he might wear our hat into the hall of fame.

Ok, sure. go ask the Nationals if they want to trade Harper or if the Dodgers want to trade Kershaw or if the Astros want to trade Correa. I am just looking for more fans to be a joke. Our budget issues go away in one and two years. If you want to trade Trout to fix the minor leagues that would be incredibly risky and I would rather have one of the best players in the game and the best player ever to wear our uniform continue to play on our team.

It could be worse. It could be 6+ years with no playoffs. Remember the dark ages 1987 to 2001.

Ok, sure. go ask the Nationals if they want to trade Harper or if the Dodgers want to trade Kershaw or if the Astros want to trade Correa. I am just looking for more fans to be a joke. Our budget issues go away in one and two years. If you want to trade Trout to fix the minor leagues that would be incredibly risky and I would rather have one of the best players in the game and the best player ever to wear our uniform continue to play on our team.

I don't get it . . do you not know that the Dodgers have one of the best farm systems in baseball. All the teams you mentioned are in completely different situations than the Angels. Objectively, I think it's fair to say the Angels have one of the bleakest futures in the game right now.

I don't get it . . do you not know that the Dodgers have one of the best farm systems in baseball. All the teams you mentioned are in completely different situations than the Angels. Objectively, I think it's fair to say the Angels have one of the bleakest futures in the game right now.

And I'd still rather keep Trout and take my chances rather than trade him and hope the players we get back are productive. You can't simply trade him for prospects. Imagine trading him for highly touted prospects, prospects touted like, Wood, Howie, Mathis and Ervin Santana. At that moment you'd say, we got as good of a haul as you can. Then they turn into flukes or aren't what you'd expected.

And I'd still rather keep Trout and take my chances rather than trade him and hope the players we get back are productive. You can't simply trade him for prospects. Imagine trading him for highly touted prospects, prospects touted like, Wood, Howie, Mathis and Ervin Santana. At that moment you'd say, we got as good of a haul as you can. Then they turn into flukes or aren't what you'd expected.

No doubt there's risk in it, and I don't think it's really possible to get "fair" value for him. But to me, rolling the dice on that and the other prospects you get from trading Richards, Calhoun, etc. is safer than praying that this core we have now somehow starts playing better. Guys like Gia, Gentry, Escobar, Shonemaker, etc are what they are and they're not very good.

Look, I get not wanting to trade Trout and who knows if would work out. But to dismiss the idea out of hand given our current situation, is foolish and a bit head in the sand IMO.

What exactly would we get for Trout?  Think the Astros would part with Correa + Keuchel for Trout?  Unless theres proven talent coming back in return, why would you even consider trading him?  Angel fans dont want to trade him because its easier to build around him, than to rely on a group of prospects to pan out several years later.  

we don't want to trade him because we will never get fair value.  Ever.  

read my post on the previous page and that will give you a clue why it would never makes sense unless it's 4.5 yrs from now, he's told Arte he ain't coming back and we are out of the playoffs.  

We don't have our head in the sand.  We see all the reasons you are mentioning as to why.  We all just think you are wrong.  

Trading Mike Trout is sort of akin to amputating your entire leg because you broke your fibula. Right now the Angels are keeping it elevated and hoping it will heal.

Pretty much.

This conversation might be premature for now but it is going to come around faster than any of us would like. If it gets to the end of 2017 and we still seem so far away from achieving anything meaningful, it will have to be a point of consideration.

Pretty much.

This conversation might be premature for now but it is going to come around faster than any of us would like. If it gets to the end of 2017 and we still seem so far away from achieving anything meaningful, it will have to be a point of consideration.

we will be there for a second wild card.  Or at least within about 3-4 games going into September.  It will be enough to keep the team on the same path.  With some payroll flex and a couple of solid FA moves, we could sneak into the playoffs a couple times in the next 5 years.  I think we will get there at least once.  

Even if we don't, I just don't think that the mentality of the people in charge will change much.  Unless we somehow go through a catastrophic season and then they will just point to what happened in 2014 vs. 2013.  

I just don't see us changing direction while Trout is on this team and I don't see us moving Trout ever.  

Absolutely worth it.

The only way he should be traded is if the haul the Angels receive would make it impossible not to trade him.  Not a really good deal...or even an excellent deal, but rather, that deal is so damn good there is no way it can be turned down.  And that isnt likely to happen.

For those who think we can trade Trout and rebuild our entire roster....please follow the Florida Marlins

One team making one bad trade isn't a reason for everyone else to not do something, not that I am saying we should trade Trout now or at any point in the short term.

we will be there for a second wild card. Or at least within about 3-4 games going into September. It will be enough to keep the team on the same path. With some payroll flex and a couple of solid FA moves, we could sneak into the playoffs a couple times in the next 5 years. I think we will get there at least once.

Even if we don't, I just don't think that the mentality of the people in charge will change much. Unless we somehow go through a catastrophic season and then they will just point to what happened in 2014 vs. 2013.

I just don't see us changing direction while Trout is on this team and I don't see us moving Trout ever.

You're probably right on those counts. While we are generally not on the right track, we could have a good season that masks that one year and win the division. If we won 85 this year (not impossible) we might well make the playoffs, as ridiculous as that seems.

I definitely agree with your points at the end...there is practically no chance we trade Trout and we won't properly rebuild while he is still around. But if things keep doing down this path for a couple more years, at that point there will at least be a legitimate discussion about whether we should.

No doubt there's risk in it, and I don't think it's really possible to get "fair" value for him. But to me, rolling the dice on that and the other prospects you get from trading Richards, Calhoun, etc. is safer than praying that this core we have now somehow starts playing better. Guys like Gia, Gentry, Escobar, Shonemaker, etc are what they are and they're not very good.

Look, I get not wanting to trade Trout and who knows if would work out. But to dismiss the idea out of hand given our current situation, is foolish and a bit head in the sand IMO.

Stay tuned. I still believe that Trout will eventually be traded at his request. There will be several factors involved including the status of the organization (he wants to win), his family, the stadium (hitters ballpark), the baseball market, his overall happiness or just a change of scenery. Who knows, maybe he would want to spend some time playing in the NL. Yes it's all speculation but I don't see him playing for the Angels his entire career.