• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Offense

Torridd

This should be interesting ... Gia for starters (experiment over). I think Gentry should be considered as strictly a utility player off the bench. Soto should get the bulk of the catching duties. I'm not a big fan of Cron but I'm not ready to give up on him just yet.

This may be the season where Pujols is dropped down in the batting order.

The problem with the offense is that they have, at best, 3 above average hitters. They drastically need multiple improvements at various spots. We knew this entering ST. I don't see much hope for them this year in this regard. At best, we're talking about a deadline deal to improve one of those spots but even then what can we expect back with so little to trade

Edited by bloodbrother

When Heaney, Skaggs join Richards, Santiago, Tropeano we will have a top 5 starting rotation.

The offense shoulf get better once Pujols and Cron find their stroke.

If not we're in trouble.

The bullpen concerns me the most.

I don't think Weaver is leaving the rotation any time soon. He will be a solid back end pitcher this year.

What's for sale?

I dont think the Angels are in a position to sell yet. If they were I can't see Arte going for a full blow fire sale. The only players I can see them trading are: Escobar, Street, Wilson, Soto and Smith. The rest either have too many years of team control remaining (Trout, Calhoun, Simmons ect) or have no real trade value (Pujols, Gia, Pennington ect.)   

I'm just remembering all of the optimistic posts during spring training. I said I'll wait and see where they're at on May 1 before I get even a little optimistic.

By the way, Josh Harrison and Jon Jay each have two more hits with RISP (9) than Mike Trout (still at 0), Carlos Perez, Johnny G., Escobar & Simmons combined (7).

The more I see the team, the pitching seems like less of an issue. However, with only Nava hurt, it seems like we may have an offensive problem all year. Am I wrong? If so, why? If not, who would you like to add and get rid of?

Management took a team that had trouble scoring runs and added no meaningful producers to the lineup. This really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

The offense is predicated on the idea that Trout and Pujols will both drive in runs consistently from the middle of the order. We can assume with relative certainty that Trout will do his share, but if this is the beginning of the end for Albert, this team has no shot this year.

We just don't have the pieces to go get a MOTO bat. A couple complimentary guys, maybe, but not the stud we would need.

Management took a team that had trouble scoring runs and added no meaningful producers to the lineup. This really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

This is really on Arte. From signing Pujols and Hamilton to not signing anyone of worth this offseason. I give Eppler credit for trying via trade for Escobar and upgrading the SS position long-term, but he had no money to work with, which is on Arte. He needed to say eff the luxury tax but refused to do so. The result is a really really bad offense which is unfortunate since the rotation looks fairly good so far.

The offense is predicated on the idea that Trout and Pujols will both drive in runs consistently from the middle of the order. We can assume with relative certainty that Trout will do his share, but if this is the beginning of the end for Albert, this team has no shot this year.

We just don't have the pieces to go get a MOTO bat. A couple complimentary guys, maybe, but not the stud we would need.

Lol at beginning of the end