• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I think it's time for a break

Same here.

Didn't watch the game, or even check on the score last night at all. (first time this season)

Found out they lost 6-0 when I sat down at the computer about a 1/2 hour ago.

Listening to KFI this morn, and the guy doing sports didn't even mention the Angels score either.

It isn't even MAY! When the die-hards like us are tuning out in April, the casual fan (who fill the stadium each night), is going to be noticeably absent. This will finally force changes that should have happened long ago.

I don't need a break from Angels baseball... maybe some Angel fans, but not baseball.  No way.  The off season is too long and not having baseball to watch is awful.  The way I see it, following the team through ups AND downs is part of the journey.  It's funny to see fans bailing in April, but that's their prerogative.  If they're just going to whine and complain and play the blame game, I'd rather they did take a break because having them around makes watching a game far less enjoyable.

I get frustrated and angry too, but I'm not about to take a break.  That's MY prerogative.  I love baseball - especially Angels baseball, warts and all.  That's just me.  Again, if people want to bail or take a break - more power to them.  I'm fine with intelligent conversations about why the Angels have sucked so far, but the venting gets old.  It's perfectly understandable, but it still gets old.

Until the parents complain that their kid isn't playing or is not playing the right position or when they second guess you when your team loses.

In all honesty I have no problem telling a parent their son isn't playing because he doesn't practice with the same intensity as the guy ahead of him. 

I don't need a break from Angels baseball... maybe some Angel fans, but not baseball. No way. The off season is too long and not having baseball to watch is awful. The way I see it, following the team through ups AND downs is part of the journey. It's funny to see fans bailing in April, but that's their prerogative. If they're just going to whine and complain and play the blame game, I'd rather they did take a break because having them around makes watching a game far less enjoyable.

I get frustrated and angry too, but I'm not about to take a break. That's MY prerogative. I love baseball - especially Angels baseball, warts and all. That's just me. Again, if people want to bail or take a break - more power to them. I'm fine with intelligent conversations about why the Angels have sucked so far, but the venting gets old. It's perfectly understandable, but it still gets old.

Hope you don't fall off your horse. That's a hell of a long way to fall....

Sports is just entertainment, or at least is supposed to be, but so many people dive into it so deep, researching every player, every trade, every signing, any prospects on the horizon or potential international signings they forget they are not part of the team or management, they are only a fan. When they forget the premise of why they watch sports they can never really enjoy it unless there is a never ending string of success.

When anything in your life becomes so all consuming that your mood is completely contolled by an event you can't control, you need to break away from it. Gene Mauch retired from coaching and once was quoted that he just could not take the loses any longer and baseball is always about 60 losses, 60 wins and to reach the playoffs it is determined by the results in 42 games. When you can't handle the 60+ losses you can't handle baseball. From the postings on this website it is obvious many here cannot handle any losses let alone 60, 70 or 80. 

Maybe the idea of being a sports fan is not reaching those people. Maybe they need to go back to not having so much information to make decisions that they really are not involved in, whether it is player management or aquisition. Maybe they need to go to a game where they don't know every little detail about everyone involved on the field and just see the game unfold as the pure entertainment that it offers.  

Or maybe they need to take a break, a real break where they kick this control habit and move on to something else in their lives. Because for many here, baseball is just not any fun and as a result they just are not any fun to be around when the Angels lose, in fact they aren't even happy when they win.

I think I am going to take in a game up in Lancaster tonight or tomorrow night. Never been to that stadium, don't know who is on that team, heck I barely know the 66ers roster. Should be a good time because it is baseball.

It's frustrating, but I personally don't need a break. Any kind of Angels baseball is better than nothing.  Like many of you have already said, I just have to keep the winning and losing in perspective to other things going on in life.  Adjustments will be made, even major changes if necessary to attempt to get on track.  It's not my personal worry, I am not in control and never will be.  I still like these guys, they are trying but they may once again not have the ability.  As far as how much they make I could care less, that's a matter between Arte and the players.  I am still going to games, and I will still hope they win as long as I am able to do so. 

And there it is, more pissing and moaning. No color but black in your world?

As is my right on a public forum, discussing a bad baseball team, in a thread titled  "I think it's time for a break".

Does the title of Moderator come with the privilege of handing out personal insults?

I read somewhere that, for the rest of us, that was frowned upon around here.

As is my right on a public forum, discussing a bad baseball team, in a thread titled  "I think it's time for a break".

Does the title of Moderator come with the privilege of handing out personal insults?

I will never get these kind of comments.  Nobody has questioned your "right" to say whatever you want.  Although this isn't really a public board and any rights you have are actually given to you, your comments have not been edited or banned.  However, if you are going to make comments on the internet, you might want to get used to people disagreeing with them without getting all bunged up over it.

"Nothing but black in your world?".... is making it personal.

If someone want's to complain about the overall tone, that is one thing. Making it personal is another.

I am not an established or well known poster, so I guess that makes it OK.

Come on, you will find those kind of responsed to one another on a majority of threads.  Your rights haven't been trampled nor has your intelligence been insulted.

Has nothing to do with who is a mod and who isn't, has nothing to do with who has been here long and who hasn't.

The point of this entire thread is that this is personal, that the frustration is giving long standing fans like Doc pause as to whether they can invest any more time or money into something so frustrating.

At least in a minor league park, you will see some effort.

I see effort in every game the Angels play. I see Pujols hobbling on a messed up foot because 2 infield starters are on the DL. I see Trout, Bourjos and even Hamilton diving for balls that some outfielders would definitley take on one hop. I see some minor league infielder named Jimenez lead the team in hitting. I see the pitchers come in from a bad inning and slam their gloves on the bench in frustration because they couldn't slam the door.  

I also see them laugh and kid each other and talk to the other players because there is more than just black in their world. There has to be otherwise none of them could survive 162 games. Something some fans here can't seem to do, shake off yesterdays game and prepare for the next with some level of optimism.

So really, is asking if you can see anything else but the negative such a horrible slander when that is what you present?

"Nothing but black in your world?".... is making it personal.

If someone want's to complain about the overall tone, that is one thing. Making it personal is another.

I am not an established or well known poster, so I guess that makes it OK.

"Something some fans here can't seem to do, shake off yesterdays game and prepare for the next with some level of optimism."

Yesterday's GAME?

Lets talk about shaking off last season, heck while we are at it, lets talk about trying to put the last 3 frikkin seasons in the past, and then talk about trying to find something to be optimistic about.

Want some optimism?

Scioscia is one day closer to getting canned.

There, that's pretty optimistic.

There isn't really a personal insult in there...