• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Minor League Statlines & Prospects thread

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Hutton Moyer has been pretty solid this year.  A little old for level at 23 in A+, but he's played mostly SS and has an .807ops with 16hrs and 13 sbs.  A fair amount of swing and miss in his game, but he gets on base at a decent clip and can play any IF position.  

Watch his mechanics. I'm looking at his pre-swing motion and timing method, there's no way he'll be able to use the same approach at the upper levels and find success unless he's the next Gary Sheffield. He's going to need to quiet his approach.

On 9/2/2016 at 8:51 AM, totdprods said:

I'm by no means an expert, but Meyer's delivery looks a little stiff and high effort. Not too surprised he's had injury problems. The results have been really encouraging, hopefully he can stick as a starter, but if he keeps having durability issues I could see why. Could be a great pen arm too.

Honestly not seeing the stiff but there is a bit of effort there -- not Percy level effort but he's using a lot of arm.  I also see a guy's who's momentum seems to carry him a bit across the body and that likely leads to the control issues... But the hips and arm extension are really pretty nice -- better than I had actually anticipated.  To be honest, a little surprised he isn't throwing across his body more maybe the camera angle is masking it

15 hours ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

Watch his mechanics. I'm looking at his pre-swing motion and timing method, there's no way he'll be able to use the same approach at the upper levels and find success unless he's the next Gary Sheffield. He's going to need to quiet his approach.

agree.  it's kinda ugly.  not very good at keeping his weight back.  I bet a good breaking ball tears him up.  His timing mechanism reminds me a bit of Lindsey.  

A couple of things to not from tonight:

Mahle got shelled again.  

O'Grady had another solid outing in AA.  7ip, 6h, 1er, 0bb, 4k.  That's now 8 of 9 starts where he's given up 1 run or less. 

Since Austin Adams came off the DL, he's thrown 8.2ip with 9 k and 1er.  The key is that he's given up only 1bb.  Also only 1h.  If he's truly found some semblance of command, he's a guy to watch out for as he can crank it up to the mid 90's and has a wicked slider.  Truly a ++ pitch.  Up until his last few games, he's never had a stretch of not walking guys as evident by his 6.2bb/9 over his minor league career.  

Jeremy Rhoades made his 5th appearance out of the pen since being converted.  So far it's been 4.2 ip. with 2h, 0bb, and 6k.  He's yet to give up a run.  He's another guy who can get up into the mid nineties.  

Jose Rodriguez went 5ip, 1h, 0er, 0bb and 3k.  He's about to turn 22 in A ball, but he's had a nice season.  3.14 era in 131.2ip with 115k.  

With Rodriguez, Luis Pena, Jaime Barria, Jesus Castillo, and Grayson Long (who was recently promoted), there is some semblance of hope.  These guys all had good years and are all at an appropriate age for their level (or younger).  Much better than the crop we moved to the IE from last years burlington team.  There really isn't a pitcher left on the high A team that I see much in.  

Dochalo  "There really isn't a pitcher left on the high A team that I see much in."  

All the starting pitchers for the High A Inland Empire did poorly this year except Tyler Carpenter and possibly Alex Michael Klonowski . Upon their promotion to AA Arkansas their performance suffered.

1 hour ago, John Smith said:

Suddenly, Samardzija's decision to play baseball looks incredibly well thought out. It's earned him a very nice paycheck and saved him from the debilitating future attached to being a pro football players.

I hope Torii has no long lasting effects and can following his dad's footsteps.

Ward has been a different player in the second half of the season

Pre all star break/Post all star break

Avg .224 HR 1 2B 5 OBP .283 SLG .259
Avg .274 HR 9 2B 6 OBP .359 SLG .415

He's also potentially being held back by the pitchers park the 66ers play in, while also benefiting by playing in the Cal league

Home/Road

Avg .187 HR 4 2B 3 OBP .268 SLG .256
Avg .304 HR 6 2B 8 OBP .371 SLG .409

It will be interesting to see what he can do in the AFL

The Angels AA club is now affiliated with the Mobile Baybears. They are almost my home team with Pensacola being a little bit closer to me. Your going to hear a done of negative stuff about Hank Aaron Stadium. A lot of it is true but if you like clarity I will do my best to explain what it means from a development prospective for the Angels. 

1 hour ago, lamiwe21 said:

The Angels AA club is now affiliated with the Mobile Baybears. They are almost my home team with Pensacola being a little bit closer to me. Your going to hear a done of negative stuff about Hank Aaron Stadium. A lot of it is true but if you like clarity I will do my best to explain what it means from a development prospective for the Angels. 

Please give us the full scoop on the stadium.

Would love to know if it's more of a hitters park than pitchers, or if neutral. 

31 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Please give us the full scoop on the stadium.

Would love to know if it's more of a hitters park than pitchers, or if neutral. 

I think I read it's closer to neutral, left handed hitters have a big advantage as the RF distance is 310. Interesting to me is that they'll be moving from the Texas League to the Southern League. I live in Texas, so, damn. 

Arkansas announced today it signed an agreement with the Mariners. Story seems to suggest the previous relationship with DiPoto had something to do with the switch. The Travelers exec was polite talking about the Angels, but I have to figure the state of the farm system probably had something to do with it also.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/sep/20/arkansas-travelers-switch-mlb-affiliates-sign-cont/