• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Heaney to the DL with "left flexor muscle strain"

For what it's worth, they diagnosed Skaggs initially with a "flexor tendon strain".

Heaney has a flexor muscle strain.

Still scary cause the Angel medical staff doesn't have a clue.

Ken Rosenthal ✔ ‎@Ken_Rosenthal

Heaney to #Angels’ DL with flexor muscle strain in left arm. Ligament said to be sound. Issue is with muscle. For now, no threat of TJ.

Imagine it'll be Tropeano stepping in for now. Skaggs likely isn't stretched out enough yet, plus they're taking it slowly with him anyways. Neither Kendrick or Jones are on the SLC active roster yet so I'm assuming they're both catching up in extended ST.

Looking forward to Trop getting an extended look. Good opportunity for him to show once and for all if he can be viewed as a legit rotation option in near future or if he'll forever be AAA depth.

Also assuming Mahle is on the way up for the weekend until they need a starter. Good chance for him to impress against the lefty heavy Texas lineup.

Edited by totdprods

If I were Eppler I'd stil give Cleveland a ring and kick the tires on their starters. 

Cowart, Kubitza, Bandy, Baldoquin, Ward, Hinshaw, Ortega, even Alburquerque, Achter, Luetge could be decent throw-ins on a deal. International FA money. 

Don't have much to deal with but if it brought back another young controllable starter it'd maybe be worth it.

If he's out for at least 2 months, it's a wrap on trying to get to the post-season, and....

75-87 record.

What is with pitchers' constant injuries today?

How the heck did Jenkins, Ryan, Drysdale, Gibson, Marichal, etc. pitch so many innings without getting hurt back in the day?

At this rate, by five years from now, half of the pitchers will need TJ surgery at least once.

Rant over!

I honestly think that today's players don't take breaks as they're coming up. Baseball is now a year round sport. they never give their bodies a chance to heal, rest and recover.

Go Halos!!!

If I were Eppler I'd stil give Cleveland a ring and kick the tires on their starters. 

Cowart, Kubitza, Bandy, Baldoquin, Ward, Hinshaw, Ortega, even Alburquerque, Achter, Luetge could be decent throw-ins on a deal. International FA money. 

Don't have much to deal with but if it brought back another young controllable starter it'd maybe be worth it.

Yeah, Trevor Bauer didn't even make their OD rotation, which us nuts. Don't know if we have what it would take to get him, but I'm betting Eppler has already made that call.

I'm definitely an optimist when it comes to this team, and think and expect them to be competitive this year, but realistically I still see 2016 purely as a transitional year. 

I keep reading this, but what exactly are we transitioning into? If this is indeed a 'transitional year' then it's most likely a transition into a perennial 90 loss team.

Can you blame people for overreacting, Eric?

Skaggs is just getting back some 19 months later, and now this?

Not saying TJ surgery will happen, but the seed was planted after Skaggs went through it.

Yes I can blame the stupid hysteria on stupid people being stupid. Why should I give people that overreact to the weather any wiggle room on a simple muscle strain? The collective chicken little mentality needs to be thinned out because we are supposed to the learned baseball message board, not a bunch of hand wringing old ladies afraid to go outside.

Grow the hell up kids and quit trying to find drama in everything.

Or did I just invade all of your safe spaces?

Well, I doubt they ran an MRI with the dye which is the only real way to see if the tendon has any issues short of seeing a bruise or blood under the skin which would be more due to a direct tear which could take a few days to show if it is a small or minor tear.... Beyond the pain and swelling from an initial strain.... 

Examples:

When I tore my Achilles tendon I had a bruise (blood pooling) from into the top of the foot around the ankle and up into the calf...

When I broke my shoulder and displaced the rotator cuff. I had a bruise (blood pooling) from the back of my shoulder all the way down behind my elbow...

When a teammate of mine tore his hammy he had a bruise (blood pooling) from below his ass all the way down to below the knee.

Now when I strained my elbow throwing a curveball in high school. Strained Ulna Collateral ligament it took about 6 weeks before I could break them off without fear of another issue even after I came back 5 weeks later. I was real timid with it for a while and they pretty much became Frisbees at first....   

Edited by SlappyUtilityGuy

Well, I doubt they ran an MRI with the dye which is the only real way to see if the tendon has any issues short of seeing a bruise or blood under the skin which would be more due to a direct tear which could take a few days to show if it is a small or minor tear.... Beyond the pain and swelling from an initial strain.... 

Examples:

When I tore my Achilles tendon I had a bruise (blood pooling) from into the top of the foot around the ankle and up into the calf...

When I broke my shoulder and displaced the rotator cuff. I had a bruise (blood pooling) from the back of my shoulder all the way down behind my elbow...

When a teammate of mine tore his hammy he had a bruise (blood pooling) from below his ass all the way down to below the knee.

Now when I strained my elbow throwing a curveball in high school. Strained Ulna Collateral ligament it took about 6 weeks before I could break them off without fear of another issue even after I came back 5 weeks later. I was real timid with it for a while and they pretty much became Frisbees at first....   

incorrect sir.