• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Heaney to the DL with "left flexor muscle strain"

I keep reading this, but what exactly are we transitioning into? If this is indeed a 'transitional year' then it's most likely a transition into a perennial 90 loss team.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to have that reaction from that post. There's no positive transitioning happening here anytime soon unless we spend a heap of money.

you don't need an mri with contrast.  in fact, most prefer without it for the elbow and you don't need to wait to see a ligament tear.  

So how do you see a ligament tear under the skin without the use of an MRI and no showing of a bruise or pooling of blood from the tear? Just walk up and say "OH Yeah" that's a tear! ???? ... 

The exception for me personally was the Achilles tear obviously the foot was detached and wobbling to the left and right and there was nothing there to hold it in place from behind. Also it didn't ball up so it was a seperation tear where it didn't shoot up my leg like a rubber band. Also, they could press on the calf and see if the toes lifted.... 

Are there specific visual aids or movements that would show/diagnose a tear of the flexor tendon?

Ex. With the issue with my Ulnar Collateral ligament I have had some numbness in the pinky finger, ring finger and middle finger from time to time and I wasn't diagnosed with a tear. Kind of crazy when you wake up and 3 fingers on your right hand are numb and it takes a while to get them to come to.

Just asking?

Edited by SlappyUtilityGuy

Hey Doc!

Found this on WebMD. I find it interesting as an Xray won't show soft tissue but it could show a displacement of the bones within the elbow.

Diagnosis of UCL Injuries
Sometimes, a doctor can diagnose a UCL injury through just a history and physical examination. Diagnostic tests include:

X-rays
MRI
MRI after gadolinium dye has been injected into the elbow
Because such tests are not 100% accurate, however, it can be difficult to diagnose a UCL injury.

© 2014 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.

Symptoms associated with a UCL injury include:
Pain on the inside of the elbow.
A sense of looseness or instability in the elbow.
Irritation of the "funny bone" (ulnar nerve): This is felt as tingling or numbness in the small finger and ring finger. (I had a strain it was never diagnosed as a tear! Which is crazy! I've had this happen usually twice a week since high school when I wake up in the morning. I could still throw in college and A Ball and up until my recent shoulder break and displacement of the rotator cuff I could still toss the ball a lil bit!))...
Decreased ability to throw a baseball or other object.

Edited by SlappyUtilityGuy

Hey Doc!

Found this on WebMD. I find it interesting as an Xray won't show soft tissue but it could show a displacement of the bones within the elbow.

Sometimes, a doctor can diagnose a UCL injury through just a history and physical examination. Diagnostic tests include:

X-rays

MRI

Because such tests are not 100% accurate, however, it can be difficult to diagnose a UCL injury.

I say just cut off his arm and have a good look, if it's okay sew it back on.

Hey Doc!

X-rays

MRI

Symptoms associated with a UCL injury include:

Pain on the inside of the elbow.

A sense of looseness or instability in the elbow.

Irritation of the "funny bone" (ulnar nerve): This is felt as tingling or numbness in the small finger and ring finger. (I had a strain it was never diagnosed as a tear! Which is crazy! I've had this happen usually twice a week since high school when I wake up in the morning. I could still throw in college and A Ball and up until my recent shoulder break and displacement of the rotator cuff I could still toss the ball a lil bit!))...

Decreased ability to throw a baseball or other object.

they might do a quick US but the gold standard is mri.  the top end rads prefer not to cloud the issue with arthrogram (injected dye into the joint).  

they might do an initial xray just for kicks to see if there is a tiny fracture.  ligament pulling off a tiny piece of bone could happen and you might see that with xray.  

for you personally, if you were a pitcher, you are gonna have wear and tear on your elbow.  every pitcher does.  but your symptoms sound like some sort of ulnar nerve entrapment like cubital tunnel syndrome.  sleeping with a bent elbow exacerbates it.  

for you personally, if you were a pitcher, you are gonna have wear and tear on your elbow. every pitcher does. but your symptoms sound like some sort of ulnar nerve entrapment like cubital tunnel syndrome. sleeping with a bent elbow exacerbates it.

Hey Doc asking for Glen.... errr a friend who's had stiffness for more than 4 hours. Can you offer any Points/Counterpoints to what he should do? He does like to pitch.... tents.

Edited by ettin