• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jessica Mendoza

Chuck

How many color guys do people actually like? Other than Collinsworth in football most get destroyed.

Schilling was terrible. Morgan and Reynolds are morons. Everyone here seems to dislike Mota and Gubi, before him there were many posts hoping we got rid of Huddler. Many of these are the national announcers who are supposed to be the best of the best.

"Just okay" seems like a pretty big upgrade.

Edited by eaterfan

Does it have to be leaps and bounds better or can she just merely be better?

Apparently because she has a vajayjay and therefore never played MLB, she has to be leaps and bounds better.

Her voice is certainly more pleasant than Kruk, Reynolds, McCarver, Schilling, Morgan, etc.

And she seems more knowledgeable than the above-listed former Major League ballplayers (of course that's not that high a bar). 

Ergo, by default, she IS leaps and bounds better.

Why is a color announcer even necessary? Just call the damn game.

Because the game isn't just marketed to guys that sit on an Angels Fans Website all day long. It is marketed to the casual fan that may not understand every strategy there is to know. Hell we have guys on here, myself included, that enjoy good analysis. If it were up to me we would have three guys in the booth, one former pitcher and one former hitter and they would be giving us what they would expect on each side of the ball.

Because the game isn't just marketed to guys that sit on an Angels Fans Website all day long. It is marketed to the casual fan that may not understand every strategy there is to know. Hell we have guys on here, myself included, that enjoy good analysis. If it were up to me we would have three guys in the booth, one former pitcher and one former hitter and they would be giving us what they would expect on each side of the ball.

Teams had one announcer in the booth for decades. It seemed to work fine then. Has the general fan slowly become more dumb? (rhetorical)

Teams had one announcer in the booth for decades. It seemed to work fine then. Has the general fan slowly become more dumb? (rhetorical)

Less interested and less focused, yes. The game has evolved into a game of specialization as well.

Less interested and less focused, yes. The game has evolved into a game of specialization as well.

I duhno know Strad. Most of the time it seems to me that "analysts" are trying to create some nonsense backstory out of something that doesn't exist. I realize some people need that in order to make it through 2 hours of baseball but for me, I'd rather hit the mute button than listen to people in a booth tell me "what type of emotions" a pitcher is feeling or what they would do if they were at the plate.

That's why Scully is such a gem. Even though he's not what he used to be, he researches the hell out of the players and fills us with facts and stories that we would never know had we not listened to him. He never makes the broadcast about himself and doesn't drivel nonsense to simply fill dead air. I know nobody can reach his level, but for the love of god at least try to emulate him.

Lawrence, I remember watching games on ESPN classic from the 70's and it is an entirely different game. The pitchers would catch the ball on the mound, look at the catcher and pitch the ball. The game would be like watching todays game, but at about 20% fast forward. Today's game is much slower, so when you say 2 hours of baseball, that only gets you to the 7th inning.

Lawrence, I remember watching games on ESPN classic from the 70's and it is an entirely different game. The pitchers would catch the ball on the mound, look at the catcher and pitch the ball. The game would be like watching todays game, but at about 20% fast forward. Today's game is much slower, so when you say 2 hours of baseball, that only gets you to the 7th inning.

Very true. That's another problem for another conversation though. Last night's game was 3 hours and 8 minutes and that's an average game. The games drag on too long and I'm sure it affects the fanbase.

I duhno know Strad. Most of the time it seems to me that "analysts" are trying to create some nonsense backstory out of something that doesn't exist. I realize some people need that in order to make it through 2 hours of baseball but for me, I'd rather hit the mute button than listen to people in a booth tell me "what type of emotions" a pitcher is feeling or what they would do if they were at the plate.

That's why Scully is such a gem. Even though he's not what he used to be, he researches the hell out of the players and fills us with facts and stories that we would never know had we not listened to him. He never makes the broadcast about himself and doesn't drivel nonsense to simply fill dead air. I know nobody can reach his level, but for the love of god at least try to emulate him.

and anyone that HAS listened to him already knows the stories, because he tells the same ones every year.

#notavinnyfan

probably some of that along with a lack of quality play-by-play guys. 

if everyone sounded like vin scully or dick enberg, then having just one guy in the booth would be fine.

Googled her to see who she was since I missed the game and came across this gem of a comment:

twrightfashion

about a month ago

You ****ing don't deserve to be on ESPN. The only reason you're on is because you're a woman. 21st century sissies gotta be PC. It's because of you're gender and they need to appease women that you're on and not because of talent. Don't get used to it. You don't deserve it. Stick to softball. We don't want you.

People are great.

"...because of you're gender..."

Brilliant.

If that were true, he'd have stopped calling Jered Weaver "Jeff" years ago. 

Edited by Mark68

I personally don't see the infatuation with her. 

She never played professional baseball in her life (don't give me that softball crap, completely different game).  Isn't one of the main pitches in softball a "rise ball"? How many major league pitchers throw a rise ball?

Why is some woman who never played major league baseball breaking down and critiquing major league players swings?  And why are we so PC that we praise this? Just like now, I call her out for being mediocre and never play the game of baseball, I'm sure ill be labeled a sexist even though I'm not.  I just don't think she deserves to be up there.

Because she has a rack and speaks eloquently means she is good at what she does or deserving?  Nah.