• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kubitza and Cowart optioned to AAA

No surprise by any means. Wonder if Kubitza has any notable trade value?

Not much....bad trade by DiPoto....he made some good deals but that wasn't one of his better ones.....the young pitcher we gave up, Sanchez, is still young and raw but is a better prospect, albeit one you still have to project on....Sanchez is #19 in a very deep Braves minor league system, per MLB.com....Kubitza is 25, his windown has about closed...

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2016/#list=atl

Why so soon, though. Seems like the Angels are giving up on them .

I don't think either of them were ever going to make the team outright this year. As of now, Cowart is strictly a 3rd baseman and while his defense is really good, they already have Pennington as a backup. Plus Cowart needs the at bats.

Kubitza might be more of a 5th outfielder at this point. Though I think they were trying him out at other infield positions.

Good move. They definitely needed more time in AAA.

Neither of them were given any chance at spring training, so it doesn't surprise one bit they didn't do well at camp. I mean when you get 2 or 3 ABs every 5 or 6 games it's nearly impossible to get any rhythm going. A player needs time to get the timing down and to fine tune their swing. Besides Escobar has been tearing it up so far in the spring, enough so to make up for his less than stellar defense.

Neither of them were given any chance at spring training, so it doesn't surprise one bit they didn't do well at camp. I mean when you get 2 or 3 ABs every 5 or 6 games it's nearly impossible to get any rhythm going. A player needs time to get the timing down and to fine tune their swing. Besides Escobar has been tearing it up so far in the spring, enough so to make up for his less than stellar defense.

That's odd. Spring training should be the time when guys like Cowart and Kubitza are given a lot of playing time.

Edited by Mr. Meeseeks

If Kubitza wants a spot with the Angels, then he needs to freakin' play like it. Two Spring Trainings in a row this guy has laid an egg, on both sides of the ball. It's disappointing mainly because he's better than this. He has the athleticism and strength to become a very good major league infielder, he just seems to collapse under pressure.

Obviously Cowart will be playing 3B in AAA, but with Petit and Marte both capable of playing there as well, I wouldn't be surprised if Kubitza makes a permanent move out to LF. That may not be the worst thing either, we kind of need a long term solution out there.

I think the bottom line is that the Angels need to stop making trades with teams that are smarter than them, like the Braves or Cardinals. Maybe the Braves knew something about Kubitza beyond his solid minor league statistics.

I don't agree with this. Teams trade for needs and they do it by trading from depth. If teams didn't trade with anyone smarter then there would never be another trade.

If Kubitza wants a spot with the Angels, then he needs to freakin' play like it. Two Spring Trainings in a row this guy has laid an egg, on both sides of the ball. It's disappointing mainly because he's better than this. He has the athleticism and strength to become a very good major league infielder, he just seems to collapse under pressure.

Obviously Cowart will be playing 3B in AAA, but with Petit and Marte both capable of playing there as well, I wouldn't be surprised if Kubitza makes a permanent move out to LF. That may not be the worst thing either, we kind of need a long term solution out there.

You watch the minors closer than I do, but Kubitza looks less athletic than most in my opinion.