• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Scioscia's bullpen management

nate

How much would Arte have to pay Scioscia if he fires him?  Who takes over the team and how much does that manager get paid?  Really think about those 2 questions.  Face it people, we are stuck with Scioscia so accept it.  The 10 year deal is likely to go down as one of the dumbest things this franchise has ever done.  Opps. 

How much would Arte have to pay Scioscia if he fires him? Who takes over the team and how much does that manager get paid? Really think about those 2 questions. Fact it peoploe, we are stuck with Scioscia so accept it. The 10 year deal is likely to go down as one of the dumbest things this franchise has ever done. Opps.

Sunk cost. Just like Wells.

Lol it really is like he's too lazy to even move to make a pitching change. This season goes no where with him.

This has been happening for years now.

One of the most frustrating games I've ever been to at the Big A was this one:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/ANA/ANA200907070.shtml

It took forever for him to get someone up in the bullpen when Lackey completely imploded in the 5th inning. It was way too late.

He has options. De La Rosa has been good as well as Burnett. Roth has been solid and Frieri too. And even Downs has been all right in the right spots. But guys on back or back nights? Mark Lowe and Carpenter when it isn't a mop up roll? That's ****ing terrible

Couldnt use De La rosa he pitched in Mondays and 2 innings yesterday. I agreed what others said Mike conceed this game to rest the Bull pen. Our Next day off isnt til May 6. In addition, the sick stuff Davish was throwing, it wasn't looking good.

Well, Darvish is doing amazing for my fantasy team and I also have Kinsler and Cruz so there is some good to come out of this I guess.  Terrible day for all LA teams. 

I put a small amount of money on Oakland to win the AL Pennant. Even though I strongly dislike that team I objectively felt they were grossly underrated at 5x less likely to get there than the Angels. Best case Oakland knocks out the Rangers and I win some rounds of booze for myself and my friends from the winnings  B)

You mean the 32 year old journeyman Chris Snyder who owns a career .225 BA and .714 OPS? That kid?

LOL  Yeah, I blew that one. Too bleary eyed from drink to realize this is the Snyder that was always a so-so hanger-on. Still not impressed with Hank Conger, though. I just don't see any real talent there at the ML level.

I thought Roth looked GREAT through 3, and was battling in the 4th. He still got Moreland out after Murphys ground ball got through. If Trumbo was playing back instead of holding the runner, could have got a double play on murphy. I was shocked Carpenter was brought in at that point. Thought it definitely was going to be Jerome.

.......and Carpenter was just sent down according to Terry.

you try to steal one there without gas flushing your bullpen.  If you can get to the sixth and it's still a game then you bring in your normal pen guys.  You hope that Roth can give you 4 and then you go with Williams for 3.  I agree that Roth was gassed, but again, you've got two lefties coming up in murphy and moreland so you let him try to gut it out. 

If Roth can't get thru the fourth, you have three options in carp, kohn, or maronde.  Williams was likely able to go 3 or even 4.  Downs, Frier and DeLaRosa were in back to back to back nights before that so they were limited or even unavailable.  Burnett was unavailable. 

You can try to mish mash it all around, but we were gonna see kohn, maronde and/or carp in that game no matter what. 

Also, say he plays it perfect and they score 3 or 4 runs instead of 9.  Williams in for Roth.  He goes 3.2.  You are still down 3-0 in the 7th.  Darvish goes one more and then we get the back end of their pen instead of Lowe and Frasor.  

That game was going nowhere from the time that the first ranger crossed the plate.   

As if the manager has some way of knowing ahead of time which pitchers will suck that night... 

The extremely drastic swings of emotion here after a win or loss are absolutely ridiculous. 

All I would say is that I was surprised to see David Carpenter coming to the mound in the fourth. I expected Jerome there. But I'm not butt hurt about the choice...

That's all. Hate on. 

As if the manager has some way of knowing ahead of time which pitchers will suck that night... 

The extremely drastic swings of emotion here after a win or loss are absolutely ridiculous. 

All I would say is that I was surprised to see David Carpenter coming to the mound in the fourth. I expected Jerome there. But I'm not butt hurt about the choice...

That's all. Hate on. 

Carpenter has always been terrible.  Roth is a reliever, as soon as he threw four straight balls Scioscia should have been on the phone to get Jerome Williams up.  Instead he goes with carpenter and then Maronde, granted Maronde came in when the game was already lost.  As soon as it was first and second no outs Scioscia should have had Williams in.  It was obvious to everyone but him that Roth was done.

Leaves Roth in too long, brings in Carpenter instead of Williams or Kohn, then leaves Carpenter in too long.

So tired of this shit, he has no idea how to manage a pen.

Yes, bring Williams in and he gets shelled by the Rangers like he always does....

Than you post...."tired of Scioscia's BP management.  He should have gone with Carpenter instead of Williams".