• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Scioscia's bullpen management

nate

As big of a proponent of this as I am, we were effed in this game before it even started.

No kidding. I heard on sports radio this afternoon that we had a guy in for an emergency start pitching against Darvish. As soon as I heard that I knew that we would be lucky to be in this game past the third or fourth inning.

Is anyone shocked by this? I mean really? It's the same story year after year. We are going to be digging out of a hole all year and there is a small chance we might slip into a wildcard spot. This team is not even as good as last years and we weren't able to do it after playing pretty good baseball. Unfortunately, looks like this year again the season will be close to lost in April. Not surprising of a Scioscia managed team.

Actually, the best way is not to go to the Big A. Empty seats will provoke a move faster than anything else.

go and protest but only if you can score tickets via a cash sale on craigslist in which Arte doesn't get a cut for the secondary sale. 

if we were conceding the loss in this game then why the f weren't we resting Pujols for games that matter and playing Conger so he can still see some ML pitching?

Hank Conger sucks, too. Time to bring up the kid in AAA who is raking. Conger has yet to make the most of his opportunity and probably Scoiscia is tired of waiting. This is the one area I tend to agree with Scoiscia, that Conger just isn't major league material. He looks great against subpar pitching in ST and the minors, but he completely is overmatched and underwhelming at the big league level - every time he's had the opportunity.

Hank Conger sucks, too. Time to bring up the kid in AAA who is raking. Conger has yet to make the most of his opportunity and probably Scoiscia is tired of waiting. This is the one area I tend to agree with Scoiscia, that Conger just isn't major league material. He looks great against subpar pitching in ST and the minors, but he completely is overmatched and underwhelming at the big league level - every time he's had the opportunity.

You mean the 32 year old journeyman Chris Snyder who owns a career .225 BA and .714 OPS? That kid?

Yeah I can't ever really blame Sosh for the BP f**k ups. Don't get me wrong, his BP management is less than stellar. It's just that he has absolutely nothing to work with. There will always have been a better option in hindsight.

It's like asking a guy to reach into his ass and pull out a diamond and then getting mad when he pulls out a hunk of sh*t; I mean sure he could have felt around a little for a diamond, and maybe he could have reached into his ass sooner, but when you ask a guy to reach into his ass, he's probably not going to pull out a diamond.

Yeah I can't ever really blame Sosh for the BP f**k ups. Don't get me wrong, his BP management is less than stellar. It's just that he has absolutely nothing to work with. There will always have been a better option in hindsight.

It's like asking a guy to reach into his ass and pull out a diamond and then getting mad when he pulls out a hunk of sh*t; I mean sure he could have felt around a little for a diamond, and maybe he could have reached into his ass sooner, but when you ask a guy to reach into his ass, he's probably not going to pull out a diamond.

He has options. De La Rosa has been good as well as Burnett. Roth has been solid and Frieri too. And even Downs has been all right in the right spots. But guys on back or back nights? Mark Lowe and Carpenter when it isn't a mop up roll? That's ****ing terrible