• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels not expecting Albert Pujols to be ready for Opening Day

NrM

Yes it would piss me off to see Albert hit .310 / 35hrs / 120rbi's / .950ops

Kinda what Arte is paying for.

Your disdain for Albert seems to bypass your "love" for the Angels.  But feel free to play it off like it wouldn't.   It's cute.

BTW -- youll be happy to know..   Hambone is already dealing with injuries too..   http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texas-rangers/rangers/2016/02/18/josh-hamiltons-sore-knee-re-evaluated-rangers-team-doctor

Cron's defense improved quite a bit last year, he started to look pretty confident out there in the second half.

Pujols is living up to his AW nickname. IMO the less he plays in the field, the better.

Not because he is a bad fielder, but because his feet (and the rest of his body) can't take playing anymore.

The sooner he goes to permanent, full time, DH...the better off the team will be.  

Yep.    His glove isn't going to score him any points on the all time leaderboards -- hopefully he realizes his bat should be his priority.   Doubtful he gives in easily.

Your disdain for Albert seems to bypass your "love" for the Angels. But feel free to play it off like it wouldn't. It's cute.

BTW -- youll be happy to know.. Hambone is already dealing with injuries too.. http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texas-rangers/rangers/2016/02/18/josh-hamiltons-sore-knee-re-evaluated-rangers-team-doctor

Yep. I don't want Josh to be injured, I want no reason for Texas to release him. The longer he is actually on the field the better chance he has of being suspended, which is good for the Angels. #yachtfuel

Your disdain for Albert seems to bypass your "love" for the Angels.  But feel free to play it off like it wouldn't.   It's cute.

BTW -- youll be happy to know..   Hambone is already dealing with injuries too..   http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texas-rangers/rangers/2016/02/18/josh-hamiltons-sore-knee-re-evaluated-rangers-team-doctor

First off he is an Expos fan, like Homebrewer is a Cubs fan so you can see where their deep seeded emotional conflicts come from.

Second, I already posted about Hambones bones not mending at the top of the page. Didn't bother with a link though.

god dammit, every freaking year this guy has a foot problem

lol

I used to get upset almost as much as Claude about this bum.

I packed it in a year plus-ago.

A definition of insanity isdoing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

To expect anything but lower body injuries is insane.

foot, calf, hamstring, quad, knees....his lower body is completely shot at this point in his career.

Well that is good news long term for the Angels, he will not reach the end of this contract when the really big money shows up. My guess is he will be done by year 7, 8 at the latest. Whether it is a buy out at a lesser level or just flat out retirement, I don't know.

This is the year I hope Albert can reverse the long decline in OBP that began in 2009.

I'd like to see at least .330 from him this year.

To be fair, an OBP of .450 is bound to go down. But the .307 OBP is extremely concerning. Both he and Kole Calhoun basically turned into Mark Trumbo at the plate last year. That's a bad thing because they're both supposed to be MUCH better than that.

I think it's fair to expect .280/.340 and 20 HR from Calhoun and .270/.330 and 30 HR's from Albert. I don't think either of them will meet these expectations, but that's where they should be.