• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Updated BP projections, not pretty

floplag

then why did we trade guys who were likely to be part of that new window you are talking about?

plus, if you sign a couple of players to reasonable deals of 2-3 years, then the financial flexibility is still there in the same way it would be now.

we traded Gott for Escboar who is gonna cost us 2/13 when we could have just brought Freese back at 2/13 without giving up a player

we moved Newcomb, Ellis and Aybar to have Simmons now. Two of those players would fit into the new window you are creating. Players you'd actually be looking to acquire by trading all those other guys you mentioned. Aybar could also have been used to acquire even more of those players. Now we have Simmons, but we are essentially wasting two of the 5 years we have him?

But here's the thing. We aren't going to do what you are talking about. Arte has already said that we can't rebuild. We just retool. The other thing you are assuming - one that many assume - is that the players we acquire for all those assets are going to work out. That is a dangerous assumption. Because in 2018, we could be looking down the barrel of a 90 loss season praying that our newly restocked farm system comes along quick enough to start winning again in 2019 and 2020. And if it takes longer than that, you have essentially wasted your entire window with Trout.

We know what we have right now. Take advantage of it.

We can't go over the tax this year without losing flexibility in the future. It means means we have to get below the tax in one of the two following seasons.

I'm also not as high on Newcomb, Gott, Aybar and Ellis as you are. I think Simmons will produce substantially more wins over the next 5 seasons than all those players combined.

And my plan doesn't need all of them to work out. If half of them work out this team is in better shape in 3 years than it is today.

We can't go over the tax this year without losing flexibility in the future. It means means we have to get below the tax in one of the two following seasons.

I'm also not as high on Newcomb, Gott, Aybar and Ellis as you are. I think Simmons will produce substantially more wins over the next 5 seasons than all those players combined.

And my plan doesn't need all of them to work out. If half of them work out this team is in better shape in 3 years than it is today.

That's a tough sell for me.  The likelihood of half of the prospects actually working out and being ready to produce at a level equal to or better that what we gave up by 2018 seems unrealistic to me.  Even with some free agent additions.  If we were to sign Trout to an extension, then maybe I'd consider it, but without that in my back pocket, I am playing for now.  I also think Arte could spend the money now and not be overly worse for wear if his true goal were to win.  But that's another thing I don't believe.  I think his true motivation is getting butts in the seats and he will spend just enough to keep that happening.  

If Trumbo can get us two starting pitchers, Conger can get us a starting pitcher and catcher, and one year of Kendrick can get us 6 years of Heaney then just imagine what we can get before the deadline for Santiago, Wilson, Street, Wiison, Richards, Calhoun could get us. We could be looking at 15 prospects better than anyone in our system and more advanced.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That was under a whole different FO.

God, I miss Dipoto.

If Trumbo can get us two starting pitchers, Conger can get us a starting pitcher and catcher, and one year of Kendrick can get us 6 years of Heaney then just imagine what we can get before the deadline for Santiago, Wilson, Street, Wiison, Richards, Calhoun could get us. We could be looking at 15 prospects better than anyone in our system and more advanced.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That was under a whole different FO.

God, I miss Dipoto.

I know, we are a powerhouse now thanks to him.