• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols undervalued

Torridd

yeah. instead, let's sell off every last piece of our farm system for some upgrades to the current team.

you were right about the fact that Arte wasn't going to spend any money. Yet the more you post it makes me realize that you are right for the wrong reasons.

Arte is still keeping the team in win now mode. His product isn't constructed to have the best chance to win but the best chance to draw fans. Instead of using money, he's using players in the form of future talent to fulfill that goal.

It's inexcusable that Arte has used every last bit of org currency to keep the team competitive without any mind for the future.

I think we have a better team than last year. Eppler did a good job with the limited resources. The only thing that needs to happen in the short term is for Scioscia to pull his head out of his ass and move Pujols down the lineup away from Trout.

I think we have a better team than last year. Eppler did a good job with the limited resources. The only thing that needs to happen in the short term is for Scioscia to pull his head out of his ass and move Pujols down the lineup away from Trout.

After all the BS defense of Moreno you want to lay it all on Scioscia? Give me a break. I don't even like Scioscia but that's just absurd. Sciascia's debatably brain dead lineups are not the problem.

It's inexcusable that Arte won't raise his budget to $200M to satisfy the insatiable appetite of the "win now" fans. Shame on that cheap bastard.

win now? When is the last time we won?

But youre probably right. Better that he pocket the money. Im sure the results will differ this year from the last few seasons of not bringing in help. And if for whatever reason it doesnt, we can always spend next year on its deep free agent class...or dip into our farm to fix the problems

it remains to be seen if we are better than last year. What is very well known is that we werent good last year. Do you truly think, as were bzuilt today, this team can sustain another month long trout slump? Or injury?...

As far as pujols batting 4th, who would you switch him with? Cron?

What do I win? It's cool when I was a little kid I also hated people for illogical reasons. Then I grew up and became objective and less ridiculous.

I don't hate Albert, I just hate the way he plays today and what they are paying him to do what he does. He's damaging to the lineup and the budget. But enjoy.

Edited by CALZONE

He's not ruining the budget and until they have better players he's not ruining the line up. Arte ruined his made up budget. If the team did go out and sign a big time left fielder I would agree to move him down. Problem is he's still better than just about everyone not named Trout and possibly Calhoun. Arte had $130-140 million payroll with a $50 million tv contract. His tv contract now is another $100 million and his payroll is about $30 million more.

We have Albert Freakin Pujols so we've already declared ourselves world champions many times. The rest of the league must be very jealous of our success since signing Pujols, Wilson and Hamilton. Arte having the ability to sign that kind of star power really tips the balance of the league.

Thank you Arte

Thank you Jerry