• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bernie's free college idea

Do you have a link to the numbers on this one? I can't find it anywhere.

I may have been wrong, I think it is 1/3 of all defense money either goes to a foreign company or a foreign country as military aid.

Here is a list of defense contractors.  Look like about 10% are foreign.  Of course our Airbus contract is gigantic.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_defense_contractors

I don't think it is a bad thing to be a Christian and believe abortion is wrong. I can tell you that I'm not a Christian but have serious reservations about abortion, although don't think it should be illegal and that it is a necessary evil.

What conservatives never seem to offer is what to do about poverty. Their solution seems to be, "Let them rot in their own filth."

This has got to be one of your worst posts ever.  What many conservatives do is spend their time and money to help feed, clothe and take care of the poor.  

I like how I haven't heard the follow up to this.

Sorry I worked from 6:45 AM until 7:45 PM tonight and didn't have the time in my day to check and see if this thread had started up again.   The reason why it hurts the 50K-120K income bracket the most is because the increase in taxes affects them much more than people who make lots of money.  If a family who makes around 100K (which btw, I believe is close to what Oregon's family unit makes since he said he makes 45K and his wife makes a little more) loses and extra 6K in Fed Income Tax, 2K in Payroll Tax, that 8K less in take home pay means a lot more to that person than the 100K less in take home pay for someone who makes 1M.  

Except it wont decrease healthcare costs.

Whatever the government does to force lower prices will be wasted by the fact that the government does not work efficiently.

By the way, AJ, take a look at the wealth gap in England some time.  It is worse than in the US and getting much worse by the day.  Taxing the hell out of your people is never the answer.

Actually, Denmark is becoming more like us

http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/23/news/economy/denmark-inequality/

Its citizens enjoy an expansive social safety net, which includes free college and health care, as well as subsidized child care.

To pay for all these benefits, Danes are more heavily taxed than Americans. In Denmark, total tax revenues is 49% of the size of the economy, compared to 25.4% in the U.S., according to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development. Danes pay a top tax rate of 56%, compared to 39.6% in the U.S.

When it comes to wealth, the Top 10% are collecting more of it, though official statistics are a little misleading because they don't include pension savings, which are spread out more evenly among the population. What the data shows is that the upper crust controlled nearly 80% of the nation's net worth in 2013, up from 65% in 2000, according to the council.

In the U.S., the Top 10% controlled nearly 78% of the wealth in 2013, according to Edward Wolff, an economics professor at New York University.

While Sanders is trying to become the first social democrat in the White House, Denmark kicked its social democrats out of power in June. This may lead to cutbacks in the country's safety net. The country's new center-right leaders have already re-instituted a cut in social assistance for recent immigrants and they are looking to cap these benefits for everyone, Weise said. Instead, center-right officials have said they want to give more incentives to Danes to work.

the more i look at it hillary is by far the best of the bunch running right now.

romney f'd up by not running this year. he ran against an unbeatable candidate. obama would win the next five elections if he could run.

I agree with these statements. I wish Romney had run. He was actually a very good candidate who had no chance whatsoever if beating Obama. He would have cruised to the presidency had he run this year.

And sadly, I also agree regarding Hilary. She is far better than most of the other candidates, democrat or republican.